Oh hey guys! This week’s podcast is an absolute banger. Sans Rob Alderson the terrific trio Liv, Maisie and James are joined by It’s Nice That co-founder and kind-of celebrity Alex Bec. To be honest we had to get him in because one of the topics was football-based and we three don’t know anything about that. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
First up we chatted about “Worth,” the rather conceptual Central St Martin’s second year graphic design students’ pop up shop fundraiser that’s got the whole internet talking this week. Next we discussed the tragedy that is the Glasgow School of Art catching fire last week, the emotions it provoked and the importance of its restoration.
After the ever-so-catchy jingle we moved on to talk about the new creative directors of the powerhouse that is Bloomberg Businessweek and then Alex Bec told us all about the relationship between football and creativity, and how the two just inexplicably compliment each other. See you next week!
- Andrew Khosravani and Maliboo animate Moon Panda's atmospheric music video
- Lights, sparkles and colour: Photographer Riccardo Apostolic draws from the plush era of the 80s
- What Myriam Boulous’ shots of the Lebanese revolution tell us about photojournalistic ethics
- Kinky, kooky characters take centre stage in Isaac Mann’s paintings
- DEMO Festival swaps advertising for the work of talented motion designers
- Cristóbal Schmal cuts and pastes ancient Andean stories into his colourful collages
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"