Oh hey guys! This week’s podcast is an absolute banger. Sans Rob Alderson the terrific trio Liv, Maisie and James are joined by It’s Nice That co-founder and kind-of celebrity Alex Bec. To be honest we had to get him in because one of the topics was football-based and we three don’t know anything about that. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
First up we chatted about “Worth,” the rather conceptual Central St Martin’s second year graphic design students’ pop up shop fundraiser that’s got the whole internet talking this week. Next we discussed the tragedy that is the Glasgow School of Art catching fire last week, the emotions it provoked and the importance of its restoration.
After the ever-so-catchy jingle we moved on to talk about the new creative directors of the powerhouse that is Bloomberg Businessweek and then Alex Bec told us all about the relationship between football and creativity, and how the two just inexplicably compliment each other. See you next week!
- LuckyMe's Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum