Oh hey guys! This week’s podcast is an absolute banger. Sans Rob Alderson the terrific trio Liv, Maisie and James are joined by It’s Nice That co-founder and kind-of celebrity Alex Bec. To be honest we had to get him in because one of the topics was football-based and we three don’t know anything about that. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
First up we chatted about “Worth,” the rather conceptual Central St Martin’s second year graphic design students’ pop up shop fundraiser that’s got the whole internet talking this week. Next we discussed the tragedy that is the Glasgow School of Art catching fire last week, the emotions it provoked and the importance of its restoration.
After the ever-so-catchy jingle we moved on to talk about the new creative directors of the powerhouse that is Bloomberg Businessweek and then Alex Bec told us all about the relationship between football and creativity, and how the two just inexplicably compliment each other. See you next week!
- Meji Alabi on discovering his roots through film and music
- Stoic black cats and burning worlds: Quentin Dufour on his chaotic illustrations
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- In photographing the American west, Andong Zheng uncovers hidden traces of Chinese history
- Meet Universal Thirst, the Bangalore and Reykjavik-based foundry offering a dual perspective on type
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories