Hello tiny pod children, we’re back in our fifht series, on episode 25. 25! That’s one podcast a year for host Liv Siddall’s entire life, imagine that! This week around the Studio Audience table with Liv are Maisie Skidmore and James Cartwright, the dream team, having a nice chat about all the art and design gumph that’s been floating around this week. As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
Today we kicked off by talking about each of our guests’ most embarrassing moments (excellent) and then moved on to discuss something we’re all interested in: podcasts! Maisie and James tell us about which podcasts and radio shows they listen to and why and what elements tend to make an extra special one. After this Maisie told us about the recent dialogue between Quentin Blake and David Walliams about their collaboration on David’s book, _ The Boy In The Dress_.
Next up we chatted about sweaty James Cartwright’s love of cycling and the brilliant new film by Andrew Telling for Rapha on time for the Tour de France. We also made time to talk about the controversial video produced by Don’t Panic for Greenpeace to urge LEGO to cease their collaborations with Shell oil. Anyone who’s interested to hear about Michael Parkin’s distracting desk ornament go over here and anyone who wants to see the hilarious blog made by a guy who hates it when his train is delayed, go over here. That’s all folks, see you next week!
- Graphic designer Anne Büttner is drawn towards all-things bold, clashing and experimental
- Graphic designer Marie Ducrocq's future-facing aesthetics are supported by thorough research
- The poet laureate of Twitter Brian Bilston creates four new poems from Adobe Stock images
- Photographer Daniel Stier on how he transforms “cheap mass-produced things” into art
- Fragility, despair and boredom are the pillars to Madeleine Pfull’s paintings of elderly women
- Go on a quest for cheesy chips with Sarah Hingley’s choose your own adventure zine
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!