Greetings podlings! Great pod this week, lots of swearing and use of the word “aping.” There’s also obligatory shaming James as an ex-goth and arguing about whether sending flowers into space is an act of genius or clever PR stunt. Anyway, off you go, get involved. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up we discussed David Lynch’s recent foray into a women’s sportswear range, and pondered which director we’d like to do a clothing label next. We then got on to talking about the new and rather controversial Airbnb logo, the changes in the Creative Review annual and the artist who’s been spending the last few weeks flinging Bonsai trees and bouquets of flowers into space.& Also, as its our big old Graduates bonanza this evening we discussed our personal favourites of this year’s crop. See you next week!
- How can we connect young, diverse talent with the agencies who crave it?
- Ricky Leung’s illustrations capture the quiet moments of everyday life
- Photographer Chris Maggio palpably documents America’s current “emotional climate"
- Seoul-based Shrimp Chung’s dynamic designs are bright and full of impact
- Choreographer and director Holly Blakey on making work for everyone
- Elise By Olsen on stepping down as the world’s youngest editor-in-chief
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- North reveals full Science Museum rebrand, and reacts to online criticism
- GraphicDesign& outline three projects that successfully support and impact mental wellbeing
- Dove apologises and removes advert showing a black woman becoming a white woman
- Apple announces launch of gender neutral emojis
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity