Welcome Podlingtons of Podlingtown. Welcome to our weekly podcast. This week is actually a really good episode in which Liv, James and Maisie put the world to rights with some fun (and at times funny) art and design chat. Interested? You should be. You can listen via the SoundCloud below or subscribe via iTunes over here..
First up this week we discussed and scoffed at the Simpsons and Family Guy crossover that everyone’s been talking about this week – what are your thoughts? We then chatted about absolute maverick Jack Ede, a Lincolnshire A-Level student who is quitting school on the success of his viral paintings of One Direction – #Lad!
After the break we talked about Stefan Sagmeister’s strangely aggressive video about the over-abundance of storytelling in branding and design. James Cartwright then went on to rant about the British government pulling funding on the £50 million plan to revamp the area affectionately nicknamed “Silicon Roundabout.” After finding out what the best things the guests have laid their little eyeballs on this week we bade you farewell for another week. Au revoir!
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!