They say a picture is worth a thousand words but where the It’s Nice That podcast is concerned, it’s the words that are doing all the leg work. Come with us into the thicket of this week’s offering and see what art and design treats we have in store. We look at JR’s cover for The New York Times Magazine plus Anorak’s new venture and an interesting project from Vangardist Magazine to tackle HIV stigma.
We also discuss London Fashion Week leaving Somerset House, a wetsuit for surfers who don’t have time to change before work and Zelda Malan’s article about why art schools must continue to teach ideas.
You can listen using the widget below or why not subscribe via iTunes right here.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!