Sometimes on the podcast we have enlightening discussions about pertinent art and design issues, and sometimes we make silly puns. Well this week dear listener we tick both of those boxes with some terrific chat about magazines, Designs of The Year and ELCAF but we also take a few minutes for canine-based tomfoolery. Take that expectations!
If you’re playing along at home the news section covers the newly=opened Designs of the Year show, the surreal news that Antonio Banderas, aka Zorro, aka Puss In Boots, is coming to study fashion at Central Saint martins and Giles Duley hitting his Kickstarter goal for his ambitious new project. We also touch on the National Portrait Gallery’s first ever faceless show, the up-coming East London Comics and Arts Festival and a new Mad Men bench.
The second section is all about mags and specifically mentions our Kinfolk Opinion piece.
You can listen using the SoundCloud widget below or why not subscribe via iTunes here
- Sophie Williams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- From 3D in-browser games to cinematic portfolios: it's November’s Double Click
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"