Sometimes on the podcast we have enlightening discussions about pertinent art and design issues, and sometimes we make silly puns. Well this week dear listener we tick both of those boxes with some terrific chat about magazines, Designs of The Year and ELCAF but we also take a few minutes for canine-based tomfoolery. Take that expectations!
If you’re playing along at home the news section covers the newly=opened Designs of the Year show, the surreal news that Antonio Banderas, aka Zorro, aka Puss In Boots, is coming to study fashion at Central Saint martins and Giles Duley hitting his Kickstarter goal for his ambitious new project. We also touch on the National Portrait Gallery’s first ever faceless show, the up-coming East London Comics and Arts Festival and a new Mad Men bench.
The second section is all about mags and specifically mentions our Kinfolk Opinion piece.
You can listen using the SoundCloud widget below or why not subscribe via iTunes here
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Bodily discomfort supplies the “subtle strangeness” of Melissa Schriek’s photographs
- Tara Booth explores the reality of her escapist fantasies in a lyrical new book
- Artist Brian Rideout paints private art collections that will never be publicly available again
- Photographer Eva Verbeeck looks at the place of young women in modern American society
- Simple, experimental and sophisticated websites all feature in Double Click July
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”