Podcast! Podcast! Get your podcast here! Nice and fresh, completely free and more art and design chatter than you can shake the proverbial at! How about you madam? Discerning taste-maker like yourself, you’re just the kind of person who needs this in your life. Podcast! As ever listen using the SoundCloud embed below or subscribe via iTunes here.
We kicked off this week discussing the final film from Hayao Miyazaki’s Studio Ghibli about a Japanese aircraft designer before turning to Daniel Weil’s just-opened show at London’s Design Museum. We then discussed Twitter’s new mute function before rounding off chatting about our Graduates 2014 programme.
- Meet the speakers: Dougal Wilson, Ewen Spencer, GraphicDesign& and Gal-dem
- Claire Hentschker: the artist who recreated The Shining as an interactive 3D space
- Rosanna Webster and Phoebe Henry’s cinematic portrait of Cuba
- Alex Hunting’s crisp editorial designs are considered and multi-layered
- Raine Allen Miller’s latest ad shows kids experiencing the “side effects” of tech toys
- Colin Pantall's warm depiction of childhood and fatherhood taken over 12 years
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner