Question: How do you make Good Friday into Great Friday? Answer: By treating your ears, brain and funny bone to the new episode of the It’s Nice That podcast Studio Audience of course. In terms providing you, our lovely, loyal listeners with art and design chat from the very top drawer (ahem) then we were all like Bank Holiday? Schmank Holiday. So make the most of all this leisure time this weekend,download, ice back and dare to dream – it’s a four-person magazine special!
This week we kicked off talking about The Bill and Melissa Gates Foundation’s challenge for someone to redesign the condom as an enhancer of sexual pleasure, we reflected on another blink-and-you’ll-miss-it sell-out for the new Punchdrunk show and asked whether sound art was the perfect fit for a Radio 4 audience. We also analysed Spotify’s first ever television advert (below) and discussed the rights and wrongs of a men’s toilet in London transformed into a swanky cafe.
To mark the publication our new magazine Printed Pages, we gathered the whole editorial team to discuss why we’ve relaunched our print offering, which stories meant the most to us and which other magazines served as inspirations on our journey (yes it WAS a journey)…
- Can graphic design translate to performance? LCC's grad show identity shows us it can
- Gina Tonic on being big, Welsh and growing up in an ex-mining town in The Valleys
- Margot Lévêque examines the historical, emotional and philosophical connotations of the collar
- Illustrator Moon utilises drawing as a means of understanding herself
- Toilet rolls and sat navs: Photographer Andy Price will make you look twice at everyday objects
- Samantha French’s dazzling underwater paintings hark back to childhood summers
- Turning her lens to those around her, Danna Singer reveals the story of a working class community
- Kyle Berger’s Photoshopped images exist in “a post-truth timeline”
- The climate crisis is daunting, but as a creative professional, there’s much you can do
- Elizabeth Hibbard’s unsettling photographs examine subjective experience with a visceral gaze
- “My creativity is sparked by music and architecture”: meet graphic designer Stephanie Specht
- Adventure Time’s finale nominated for Emmy, alongside BoJack and Big Mouth