Swiss graphic design studio Studio Feixen has launched a dynamic new website showcasing the very best of its accomplished graphic design. As a studio it is open to new possibilities resulting in a breadth of work that is consistently stylish. “Whether it’s graphic design, interior design, fashion design, type design or animation – as long as it challenges us – we are interested,” the team says.
The fresh website displays the recent projects from the studio as well as amusing features that allow you to get to know the personalities behind the work. The redesign celebrates the expansion, as the studio founder Felix Pfäffli explains: “Since one year now I’m not working alone anymore. So we simply changed the name to Studio Feixen. We are now three guys; Felix Pfäffli, Raphael Leutenegger and Daniel Peter.” As part of the studios growth, the team has installed an “ask” feature, a forum that encourages the audience to ask the design team whatever they want. “We have a talk application, which keeps us busy at the moment.”
Out of a wealth of skilfully designed projects created over the past year, one in particular, an identity for Swissfilms, really caught our eye. Studio Feixen’s combination of typography and vibrant colour palette elegantly represents the character of each of the films depicted. “The design proposal we developed utilises film symbolism in a playful and adaptive manner; providing Swissfilms with a bolder, fresher and more creative image.” Utilising the stunningly shot selection of films from Swissfilms, the studio also created an interactive poster video which combines the identity with film footage.
The next step for Studio Feixen is to develop even further, amplifying its ability to use their creative design logic across a number of disciplines. “In about half a year (fingers crossed) we will go online with our second page. There we will publish our in-house projects. The first releases will be our studio font. A book. And our own clothing brand.”
- Izabela Jurcewicz uses her camera to become both a surgeon and a patient
- XYZ Lab designs a removable and “grotesque” fifth issue for Rouge Fashion Book
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Intimate, safe and romantic: Ekaterina Popova paints the interiors of her friend’s bedrooms
- Alfie Dwyer on creating game-like worlds and moulding tangible films like “putty”
- Through playful forms, Bára Růžičková tackles the rigid structure of the design industry
- Facebook rebrands to distinguish the company from the app
- Jack Kenyon photographs the wondrous spectacle of the Supreme Cat Show
- &Walsh designs Zooba's identity inspired by the busy streets of Cairo
- A book chronicling tiny, bizarre treasures curated by Wes Anderson and Juman Malouf
- Find hidden squares and experimental inktraps in Fatih Hardal's FH Giselle
- Pentagram’s Giorgia Lupi on her data-driven designs for & Other Stories