Bell ringing, we know, should be reserved for momentous occasions, but we’re going to back ourselves and say let’s get those badboys swinging as we present The Annual 2013. Every year It’s Nice That publishes around 2,500 articles (I know right?!) a bewildering barrage of creative brilliance we feel compelled to share with the world. Each month the editorial team sits down and selects those projects we feel were extra special; super-exciting, super-engaging and reflective of what we try and do as a publishing platform.
The Annual is the fruits of those discussions. Boasting more than 130 projects as well as a look at our Graduates class of 2013 and the art and design exhibitions we feel defined the past 12 months, it’s a thing of great creative clout. The book has been beautifully designed by the chaps at Commission Studio, who got the inimitable Jiro Bevis in to add a cavalcade of illustrated characters to pep up proceedings even further.
You might be able to sense that we are very ruddy proud of it, and now we are thrilled to introduce it to the world. So everybody meet The Annual 2013, The Annual 2013, meet everybody…
- Meet illustrator Hollie Fuller's characters, with their piggy eyes and protruding ears
- Ellen Evans' latest film zooms into the tiny world of miniaturism
- Kent Andreasen on how he embraces the transience of light in his photographs
- Illustrator Baptiste Virot describes his work as an “iron punch in a velvet glove”
- Slovenian design studio Ljudje on how it turned the information crisis into a visual identity
- Tomek Popakul's short film Acid Rain shows the perils of falling in love with a wrong'un
- Want a dream job? Studio Ghibli is hiring
- Pornhub decides to try out beesexuality with new awareness campaign
- The Washington Post's climate change issue features 24 equally important covers
- “Even bad pizza is kind of good”: Five life lessons from David Droga
- “The time just feels right”: Stuart Brumfitt and Mirko Borsche, editor and designer of The Face, on its relaunch
- We take a look back at the best stories of the year to date