Bell ringing, we know, should be reserved for momentous occasions, but we’re going to back ourselves and say let’s get those badboys swinging as we present The Annual 2013. Every year It’s Nice That publishes around 2,500 articles (I know right?!) a bewildering barrage of creative brilliance we feel compelled to share with the world. Each month the editorial team sits down and selects those projects we feel were extra special; super-exciting, super-engaging and reflective of what we try and do as a publishing platform.
The Annual is the fruits of those discussions. Boasting more than 130 projects as well as a look at our Graduates class of 2013 and the art and design exhibitions we feel defined the past 12 months, it’s a thing of great creative clout. The book has been beautifully designed by the chaps at Commission Studio, who got the inimitable Jiro Bevis in to add a cavalcade of illustrated characters to pep up proceedings even further.
You might be able to sense that we are very ruddy proud of it, and now we are thrilled to introduce it to the world. So everybody meet The Annual 2013, The Annual 2013, meet everybody…
- Mikey Please takes us behind the scenes, and the backlash, of the Bake Off trailer
- From New York to Springfield, it's Best of the Web
- Taschen releases two volumes of National Geographic’s best photographs from the past 125 years
- Simon Landrein takes Dan Croll down the rabbit hole in his animated video for Tokyo
- Thomas Duffield on photographing his dad’s hidden heroin addiction
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled