A shout out to the people who send us in stuff everyday, whether its their own work, or championing the hard graft of others, we salute you, without you Things wouldn’t exist and that would suck. Big time. So on that note, here is this week’s lovely collection of our favourite things.
Fernweh Heimweh by Jess Gough
‘Fernweh’ means “aching to be away”, whereas ‘Heimweh’ translates as “homesickness” and this describes the work of Jess Gough, a photographer from Berlin. All taken on a 35mm film camera, they capture her experiences abroad and at home, beautiful compositions and lovely subject matter, you really will love her work!
Hotshoe April – May 2013
Hotshoe have gone through a re-design and what a transformation it is! Their new approach is simplistic with the focus on features the “best, groundbreaking photography.” Including our favourite young hitchhikers photographed by Mike Brodie. These guys know where the talent is.
Dan Stafford’s illustrations
Crazed blue cats are the least of your worries when it comes to Dan’s illustrations, which are mental to say the least. Playing “hide and seek with soft airbrush figures”, his work is popping with colour. They sure wouldn’t be very good at hiding!
Kids With Puns
A celebration of the humble pun, Kids With Puns is a student run magazine whereby language is their playground. Teaming up with eight illustrators, they give you their rendition of the pun. Including a definition of the anti-joke, which shoots you down with a logical answer – pow.
Make A Good Thing Happen
There is more to these notebooks than just the lovely illustrations, Wrap magazine asked six illustrators who didn’t know each other to work together in pairs to deign a notebook cover. With only two weeks, they were told to explore three words: ‘input’, ‘process’ and ‘output’. What a result!
- Superimpose Studio on the impact of Brexit on the creative industries
- Photographer Namsa Leuba makes the invisible stories of Voodoo visible
- A whizz through the portfolio of Italian illustrator Marco Oggian
- Alex Vasilyev's compelling photographs of locals living in Russia's coldest region
- Friday Mixtape: Rae Morris curates a winter-focused mix
- Good Sport Magazine: sport-focussed content, through the lens of much broader reaching interests
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- A chat with the anonymous archivist behind vintage smut celebration Hardcore Decor
- A peek inside the bulging, bold portfolio of multidisciplinary studio Spassky Fisher