I bet you’re thinking we get some weird stuff through the post, we do, but it’s our favourite kind of stuff. So in true It’s Nice That style, give a big welcome to our five fave postal picks of the week.
Perrier: Secret Place Invitation
When this came through the post, it took us a while to figure out what the hell was going on. The aim of the game is to turn up at a laundromat, whereupon you present your stamped wrist and are allowed into a ‘secret place’. What goes on in this secret place? We will never know as we don’t live in Paris. C’est la vie!
The Feast of St. George: Trafalgar Square
On the fair day of April 20 we have been invited to partake in a bunch of English-themed culinary activities at the expense of the Mayor of London. The cleverly designed event poster features a skewered Dragon and sums up us English pretty well – we love to eat! It’s also free. Result!
Colin Kinsley Design Co.
Aloha! Yes that’s right, this package came all the way from Hawaii, and what a delight it is. Humorous illustrations abound, from how to make the Hawaiian speciality spam musubi to the lingo of a Hawaiian Pidgin (see what they’ve done there?). Aloha brah, howzit? Lets go talk story over some grind. (Translation: Hello friend, how are you doing? Let’s go chat over some food.)
Being Billy: Paul John Nelson
I don’t really know much about football, let alone that the Premier League had mascots. But apparently they do, and Being Billy is the story of Billy the Badger, Fulham FC’s black and white mascot. Known for being a bit of a rascal Billy spends all his time horsing (badgering?) around on the Fulham pitch and his story makes for a pretty delightful photographic zine.
Ed Parson’s Photographic Zine
This collection of photographs from Ed are pretty random, with dreamy portraits and a cheeky snap of a kid and his mother on halloween. Crude zoom-ins and grainy shots make this a lovely zine – a great example of staying true to analogue photography.
- Superimpose Studio on the impact of Brexit on the creative industries
- Photographer Namsa Leuba makes the invisible stories of Voodoo visible
- A whizz through the portfolio of Italian illustrator Marco Oggian
- Alex Vasilyev's compelling photographs of locals living in Russia's coldest region
- Friday Mixtape: Rae Morris curates a winter-focused mix
- Good Sport Magazine: sport-focussed content, through the lens of much broader reaching interests
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood
- A new Vitra Museum exhibition shows the hedonistic history of nightclub design
- A chat with the anonymous archivist behind vintage smut celebration Hardcore Decor
- A peek inside the bulging, bold portfolio of multidisciplinary studio Spassky Fisher