I Did is the latest track from the Dublin-born singer-songwriter Bonzai. A regular collaborator with Mura Masa, Bonzai recently received a much lusted after Hottest Record co-sign from Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac. The video for the cosmic track comes in the form of a Tom Bunker-directed animation, with art direction and design from Pete Sharp and animation from a team made up of Isaac Holland, Blanca Martinez, Sean Weston, Tom Bunker, Joe Sparkes, James Hatley and Alex Smith.
East London-based animation director Tom Bunker has already made music videos, short films and adverts for clients including Binary, Throne, BBC Radio 1, Channel 4, Adam Buxton, Grolsch and Converse, and art director Pete Sharp has made work for the likes of Noisey, Adidas and Manchester United, Vice, Anorak, Bloomberg Business Week and many more.
I Did is an intergalactic journey inside the rotating head of Bonzai herself, a surreal, lushly-coloured jungle-world where wide-eyed slug creatures lurk, apparently conspiring to attack Bonzai at every turn.
- Review of the Year 2018: Back to Back with Astrid Stavro and Jody Hudson-Powell
- Adam Higton and Atelier Bingo collaborate to illustratively visualise the 12 months of the year
- Data journalist Mona Chalabi reviews her 2018 in statistics
- Kim Gehrig's latest advert is an eclectic, inclusive ode to the vulva
- Emulsion is a new magazine offering a holistic view of culture
- What one word best sums up your year? Take part in our Review of the Year Instagram brief
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Multi-faceted designers Studio Bergini hops between projects with a cool, clean elegance