I Did is the latest track from the Dublin-born singer-songwriter Bonzai. A regular collaborator with Mura Masa, Bonzai recently received a much lusted after Hottest Record co-sign from Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac. The video for the cosmic track comes in the form of a Tom Bunker-directed animation, with art direction and design from Pete Sharp and animation from a team made up of Isaac Holland, Blanca Martinez, Sean Weston, Tom Bunker, Joe Sparkes, James Hatley and Alex Smith.
East London-based animation director Tom Bunker has already made music videos, short films and adverts for clients including Binary, Throne, BBC Radio 1, Channel 4, Adam Buxton, Grolsch and Converse, and art director Pete Sharp has made work for the likes of Noisey, Adidas and Manchester United, Vice, Anorak, Bloomberg Business Week and many more.
I Did is an intergalactic journey inside the rotating head of Bonzai herself, a surreal, lushly-coloured jungle-world where wide-eyed slug creatures lurk, apparently conspiring to attack Bonzai at every turn.
- Cleon Peterson's works continue to investigate the evil side of humanity
- Winsor & Newton lifts the lid on the secret tricks of every artist's trade
- Calypso Mahieu’s photography makes the simplest things sexy (some NSFW)
- Foster Huntington’s stop-motion short of an 80s Californian skate off
- Dax Norman’s weird and wobbly animations with “cigarettes and eyeballs a plenty”
- Photographer Evija Laivina explores the ridiculous reality of the beauty industry
- Hate the iPhone X notch? There’s an app for that
- Lisa Simpson’s bookshelf: from the curator of Instagram’s Simpsons Library
- Biplab Hazra’s photo of elephants being attacked by mob wins Sanctuary prize
- Michael Bierut: 13 ways of looking at a typeface
- Uncle Ginger uses hypnotic shapes to animate the facts and feelings of bipolar disorder
- Michel Gondry’s John Lewis Christmas advert – Moz the Monster – is unveiled