I Did is the latest track from the Dublin-born singer-songwriter Bonzai. A regular collaborator with Mura Masa, Bonzai recently received a much lusted after Hottest Record co-sign from Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac. The video for the cosmic track comes in the form of a Tom Bunker-directed animation, with art direction and design from Pete Sharp and animation from a team made up of Isaac Holland, Blanca Martinez, Sean Weston, Tom Bunker, Joe Sparkes, James Hatley and Alex Smith.
East London-based animation director Tom Bunker has already made music videos, short films and adverts for clients including Binary, Throne, BBC Radio 1, Channel 4, Adam Buxton, Grolsch and Converse, and art director Pete Sharp has made work for the likes of Noisey, Adidas and Manchester United, Vice, Anorak, Bloomberg Business Week and many more.
I Did is an intergalactic journey inside the rotating head of Bonzai herself, a surreal, lushly-coloured jungle-world where wide-eyed slug creatures lurk, apparently conspiring to attack Bonzai at every turn.
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Curator Andrea Giunta on her new exhibition Radical Women
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum