I Did is the latest track from the Dublin-born singer-songwriter Bonzai. A regular collaborator with Mura Masa, Bonzai recently received a much lusted after Hottest Record co-sign from Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac. The video for the cosmic track comes in the form of a Tom Bunker-directed animation, with art direction and design from Pete Sharp and animation from a team made up of Isaac Holland, Blanca Martinez, Sean Weston, Tom Bunker, Joe Sparkes, James Hatley and Alex Smith.
East London-based animation director Tom Bunker has already made music videos, short films and adverts for clients including Binary, Throne, BBC Radio 1, Channel 4, Adam Buxton, Grolsch and Converse, and art director Pete Sharp has made work for the likes of Noisey, Adidas and Manchester United, Vice, Anorak, Bloomberg Business Week and many more.
I Did is an intergalactic journey inside the rotating head of Bonzai herself, a surreal, lushly-coloured jungle-world where wide-eyed slug creatures lurk, apparently conspiring to attack Bonzai at every turn.
- Iggy Ldn's poignant new film Silk reclaims the essence of the jazz era in the 21st century
- Ways of Seeing: Laurie Rowan fills FACT's architectural space with a troop of exploring characters
- Brian Blomerth illustrates a journey to "surf discovery" even though he's terrible at surfing
- Photographer Sam Gregg shoots the true face of Naples
- Prolific artist Miroco Machiko’s animal menagerie
- Émergent Magazine's pages function like the walls of a gallery to showcase contemporary painters
- Netflix unveils Netflix Sans, a new custom typeface developed with Dalton Maag
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Original sets and puppets from Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs to be exhibited in London