Spanish DJ duo The Zombie Kids are bringing some colour and mischief to the world with their track BOOM ft. Snoop Dogg, by enlisting the creative talents of Sawe under the direction of Tomás Peña to create a genius animated video. With hip beats and Snoop Dogg’s badass tones, the narrative sees a cheeky hoodlum, an old floppily-jowled man and a rotund police officer battling against each other, driven by their desire to be graffiti artists.
The style is reminiscent of the big names of bright and beautiful illustration like Kyle Platts, Jack Cunningham and the Layzell Bros, but this colourful escapade is marvellously done. One of the best (and most surreal) bits comes at the end where a life-sized piece of lady pizza shakes her doughy buttocks and pepperoni boobs, so if you’re mildly offended by yeasted products gyrating, look away now.
- Multimedia artist Eilen Itzel Mena explores the survival of Afro-diasporic people
- David Robert Elliott's photographs of young runners examine aspiration and self-worth
- Pedro Ajo graphically translates Brazillian pixação into a publication
- New work by Hezin O explores the techniques of print, both physically and conceptually
- Daniel Brathwaite-Shirley is an animation and sound artist archiving their existence as a Black trans person
- Unseen Amsterdam's artistic director on how its richest line-up yet inspires and informs
- “Go, go, go”: how DIA messed with design theory, only to improve it
- Watch the trailer for the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, the television show
- Times Newer Roman is the typeface that might help you beat page counts with ease
- Dairy drinks and cigarettes meet in Lucas Reis' illustrative evocations of Japan
- Ogilvy collaborates with World Afro Day for new awareness campaign
- Emily Schofield’s graphic design practice balances function with irrationality and expression