Spanish DJ duo The Zombie Kids are bringing some colour and mischief to the world with their track BOOM ft. Snoop Dogg, by enlisting the creative talents of Sawe under the direction of Tomás Peña to create a genius animated video. With hip beats and Snoop Dogg’s badass tones, the narrative sees a cheeky hoodlum, an old floppily-jowled man and a rotund police officer battling against each other, driven by their desire to be graffiti artists.
The style is reminiscent of the big names of bright and beautiful illustration like Kyle Platts, Jack Cunningham and the Layzell Bros, but this colourful escapade is marvellously done. One of the best (and most surreal) bits comes at the end where a life-sized piece of lady pizza shakes her doughy buttocks and pepperoni boobs, so if you’re mildly offended by yeasted products gyrating, look away now.
- Artist Olivié Keck explores South African youth culture through a vibrant VR video
- Crossing dimensions: digital artists Wang & Söderström turn Klas Ernflo's illustrations into a 3D still life
- Studio Creme's 3D scanned campaign film for Heresy is inspired by "mysticism and folklore"
- Designer Carolien Niebling wants you to meet the meat we eat
- Franziska Morlok and Miriam Waszelewski's Bookshelf explores the most interesting and unique bookbinding techniques
- Duncan Cowles' new film explores the panicky feeling that a creative idea might not be amazing enough
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- V&A announces shortlist for its Illustration Awards 2018
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- Design to improve the general quality of life: exploring Paul Rand's IBM Graphic Standards Manual
- Ten examples of rare letterings, from 19th-century alphabets to preliminary drawings of Futura