Design be its nature can be prescriptive, and as much as you love a certain piece of furniture it may not always be a great fit for the space you have. Tylko was founded to allow individuals to create bespoke furniture while still getting the vision offered by a designer. Embracing technology, design and the unique demands of every customer, Tylko provides long-lasting and durable furniture that is built to fit any space and can be used for a plethora of purposes. The process requires no design knowledge whatsoever, and allows each customer to order perfectly fitting, functional furniture that looks great.
Using parametric technology through a simple step-by-step process in an online configurator or on a downloadable app, customers and easily design a shelving system that meets their specific needs – allowing you to embrace the possibilities imagined by Tylko’s team of talented designers. The app will then allow you to visualise the furniture in a space, placing a rendered 3D object in a space at the scale of 1:1 using a phone or tablet camera.
The Tylko shelf system can be tailored in height width and style, and is available in three different colours. Fabricated using sustainably sourced birch each shelf unit is CNC machined to the specification of the customer and shipped free. Construction and installation is effortless thanks to a simple colour coding of the invisible connectors used for assembly, numbered stickers and a personalised manual that guides you through the process.
The company launched in 2015 at the London Design Festival and has gone on to develop a whole range of products that are customisable and affordable, and have won awards for its innovations. In a world where one-size never fits all, Tylko are exploring a future that is a little more about you.
- National Geographic’s creative director Emmet Smith on the publication’s redesign
- Leon Mark’s refined and infinitely stylish photography
- Sophie Harris-Taylor shares anecdotes and insights from her photo series, Sisters
- Designer Anatole Couteau's technical approach lets him communicate simply and precisely
- A peek inside Hicham Amrani's trippy new comic Svend & Xanax
- Friday Mixtape: The Orielles mix for "good times with good people"
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- V&A announces shortlist for its Illustration Awards 2018
- Ten examples of rare letterings, from 19th-century alphabets to preliminary drawings of Futura
- Bad week for art world as Jeff Koons piece is smashed and imitation Happy Meal thrown away