Design be its nature can be prescriptive, and as much as you love a certain piece of furniture it may not always be a great fit for the space you have. Tylko was founded to allow individuals to create bespoke furniture while still getting the vision offered by a designer. Embracing technology, design and the unique demands of every customer, Tylko provides long-lasting and durable furniture that is built to fit any space and can be used for a plethora of purposes. The process requires no design knowledge whatsoever, and allows each customer to order perfectly fitting, functional furniture that looks great.
Using parametric technology through a simple step-by-step process in an online configurator or on a downloadable app, customers and easily design a shelving system that meets their specific needs – allowing you to embrace the possibilities imagined by Tylko’s team of talented designers. The app will then allow you to visualise the furniture in a space, placing a rendered 3D object in a space at the scale of 1:1 using a phone or tablet camera.
The Tylko shelf system can be tailored in height width and style, and is available in three different colours. Fabricated using sustainably sourced birch each shelf unit is CNC machined to the specification of the customer and shipped free. Construction and installation is effortless thanks to a simple colour coding of the invisible connectors used for assembly, numbered stickers and a personalised manual that guides you through the process.
The company launched in 2015 at the London Design Festival and has gone on to develop a whole range of products that are customisable and affordable, and have won awards for its innovations. In a world where one-size never fits all, Tylko are exploring a future that is a little more about you.
- Brr it’s cold in here, it must be Best of the Web in the atmosphere!
- Is it real, or is it not? Mirror Mirror's identity for Integrated 2017
- Alex Moy’s animation explores where our minds drift off to when we’re distracted
- Friday Mixtape: Jake Chapman’s band, Funhole
- Islena Neira’s halftone animation depicts a sleepless night
- Hezin O’s charmingly illustrated 2018 calendar inspired by A-Z cards for children
- Pantone Colour of the Year 2018 has been announced
- Renowned graphic designer Ivan Chermayeff has died aged 85
- Marina Lewandowska’s graduation project shows graphic design flair and function
- Pentagram partner Natasha Jen shares her most inspirational books
- Photographer Ivar Wigan on his new collaboration with larrydavid420
- Loud, vibrant, evocative: Paul Gorman tells The Story of The Face