We are excited to announce that photographer Vicki King is the fourth speaker for this month’s Nicer Tuesdays event on 31 July.
Originally from the Midlands and a London College of Communication graduate, we’ve been lucky to share Vicki’s work numerous times on It’s Nice That after falling for her photographic eye which transcends usual fashion-led imagery and tells an enchanting story. With such a unique perspective, within both the fashion and photography industries, we look forward to hearing more about Vicki’s creative career and how she’s crafted this distinct point of view.
Vicki joins July’s line-up of brilliantly hilarious German illustrator Nadine Redlich, intricate animator Sophie Koko Gate who’ll be taking us through recent work for Adult Swim, and London-based Flat-e who will be showing us behind-the-scenes of designing a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery’s record, Song for Alpha.
The remaining tickets for Nicer Tuesdays on 31 July are available here and below.
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest short is an uplifting account of life in an American retirement home
- Next 2 Nothing is the how-to manual of tips and tricks for any aspiring filmmaker
- Haleigh Mun on finding her own illustrative style rather than trying to be a “cool artist”
- Genuine collaborations inform Swiss design studio Omnigroup's broad practice
- Filmmaker Duncan Cowles on how your own tone of voice can create the best audience reaction
- "Logos date like clothes": Six designers debate what makes an ideal brand identity
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice