We are excited to announce that photographer Vicki King is the fourth speaker for this month’s Nicer Tuesdays event on 31 July.
Originally from the Midlands and a London College of Communication graduate, we’ve been lucky to share Vicki’s work numerous times on It’s Nice That after falling for her photographic eye which transcends usual fashion-led imagery and tells an enchanting story. With such a unique perspective, within both the fashion and photography industries, we look forward to hearing more about Vicki’s creative career and how she’s crafted this distinct point of view.
Vicki joins July’s line-up of brilliantly hilarious German illustrator Nadine Redlich, intricate animator Sophie Koko Gate who’ll be taking us through recent work for Adult Swim, and London-based Flat-e who will be showing us behind-the-scenes of designing a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery’s record, Song for Alpha.
The remaining tickets for Nicer Tuesdays on 31 July are available here and below.
- Protests, cute culture and the UK’s fruit market: Suzy Chan on her innovative design practice
- Multi-disciplinary artist Samuel Burgess Johnson on his work for The 1975
- Amanda Baldwin translates everyday objects into fine art reflections of society
- Animator and illustrator Anna Katalin Lovrity works with “brave and rough shapes”
- Charles-Henry Bédué photographs the intimacy and mystery of family homes
- Erik Brandt releases his final Ficciones Typografika as a book documenting the project’s entirety
- Photographer Ryan Duffin embraces the quirks of his subjects and the outtakes of life
- Q is the world’s first genderless voice hoping to eradicate gender bias in technology
- How and when do you shut down your studio? Carly Ayres on the decision to close HAWRAF
- Alexis Jamet's animations are warm, nostalgic and beautiful in their simplicity
- KFC's latest ad reminds you it's not AFC, BFC, or even CFC