We are excited to announce that photographer Vicki King is the fourth speaker for this month’s Nicer Tuesdays event on 31 July.
Originally from the Midlands and a London College of Communication graduate, we’ve been lucky to share Vicki’s work numerous times on It’s Nice That after falling for her photographic eye which transcends usual fashion-led imagery and tells an enchanting story. With such a unique perspective, within both the fashion and photography industries, we look forward to hearing more about Vicki’s creative career and how she’s crafted this distinct point of view.
Vicki joins July’s line-up of brilliantly hilarious German illustrator Nadine Redlich, intricate animator Sophie Koko Gate who’ll be taking us through recent work for Adult Swim, and London-based Flat-e who will be showing us behind-the-scenes of designing a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery’s record, Song for Alpha.
The remaining tickets for Nicer Tuesdays on 31 July are available here and below.
- Photographer Anne-Sophie Guillet’s stunning portraits challenge gender binaries
- For Jan Horcik, type design and graphic design cannot work without one another
- “Like a little factory making picture books”: The wondrous work of Marie Neurath
- What’s the purpose of prison? This series captures a horse rehabilitation programme in Arizona
- Tina Schwizgebel-Wang’s etchings are filled with detailed scenes of everyday life
- “I want to show that the world is actually very simple”: meet artist Hisami Tanaka
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”