We are excited to announce that photographer Vicki King is the fourth speaker for this month’s Nicer Tuesdays event on 31 July.
Originally from the Midlands and a London College of Communication graduate, we’ve been lucky to share Vicki’s work numerous times on It’s Nice That after falling for her photographic eye which transcends usual fashion-led imagery and tells an enchanting story. With such a unique perspective, within both the fashion and photography industries, we look forward to hearing more about Vicki’s creative career and how she’s crafted this distinct point of view.
Vicki joins July’s line-up of brilliantly hilarious German illustrator Nadine Redlich, intricate animator Sophie Koko Gate who’ll be taking us through recent work for Adult Swim, and London-based Flat-e who will be showing us behind-the-scenes of designing a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery’s record, Song for Alpha.
The remaining tickets for Nicer Tuesdays on 31 July are available here and below.
- Creative coder Neal Agarwal on bringing the internet back to its weird days
- Isaac Lock’s hilarious documentary goes behind the scenes of Fiorucci’s revival
- Meet Rob en Robin, the Dutch studio that finds humour in often lifeless topics
- The latest issue of Fukt is all about systems, and how to break them
- Book of Roy: Neil Drabble photographs an American teenager over the course of eight years
- Double Click October is all about the humble portfolio site
- Graphic Design is Mental: Tips for looking after your state of mind as a designer
- Greta Grotesk is a typeface in homage to the teenage activist’s handwriting
- “The signs were completely radical”: Margaret Calvert looks back on her illustrious career
- Alan Titchmarsh stars in new campaign for Adidas’ Gardening Club collection
- A glimpse at the 226 Japanese posters on display at Stedelijk Museum
- Michiyo Yanagihara imbues her post-human photography with Japanese mythology