Now I know it’s Monday morning and those back-to-work boo-hoos feel slightly overwhelming but let us cheer you up with a sumptuous stationery fix. Designers Yarra Jones and Sarah Thorne met while working on print projects for big name fashion brands and saw a gap in the market for for papery loveliness that suited each season. So Paper Stock was born and if their inaugural spring/summer 2013 collection is anything to go by it’s a great thing it was. They sum up their debut as combining “busy monotone print with embossed whites & neutrals, black on black, and translucent glassine papers, all drawing on the iconic clutch format” and see the fruits of their labour of love as potential accessories rather than just note-taking implements.
We’re looking forward to seeing their next offering already.
- LuckyMe’s Lunice film for Apple Music is a theatrical trip through 90s hip hop videos
- Printed Pages AW17 is now available for pre-order – with exclusive prints, a party and more!
- Tatiana Ermolaeva's coherent “but not too slick” work for the Strelka Bar
- BBC’s David Bailey’s must watch talk for font fanatics from Nicer Tuesdays
- Shin Morae translates her memories into pastel illustrations
- Sarah Meyohas combines virtual reality, 10,000 roses and artificial intelligence in Cloud of Petals
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum