Chevrolet is looking for the very best art students in the UK to showcase their talents across Europe. The creative brief revolves around the car-maker’s centurial anniversary which encourages fashion, music, photography, design and film students to find inspiration from the past by merging the old with the new. There are some great prizes (top prize is £1,000) and the chance to work with some key figures in the car industry. Email [email protected] to register and check out the links below.
The deadline for submissions is 15 April 2011 and judges will be announced shortly. The judges have been confirmed as Fred Butler, Ian Cook, Will Hudson, Jane Stockdale and David Wilson.
- Nicolas Garner explores the clash of digital and organic in his hyperreal imagery
- Dennis Church’s 12-year project sees him capture the visual noise of America’s streets
- Hudson Christie’s illustration trickery uses depth to create textured, flat pieces
- A rare interview with enigmatic and cherished photographer, Nguan
- Karen Asher photographs the people and happenings of Winnipeg, Canada
- Nieves founder Benjamin Sommerhalder shares his passion for books and zines
- Parker Day's lurid colours and grotesque characters elevate identity and fantasy (NSFW)
- Paper reveals Break the Internet take two, with Nicki Minaj shot by Ellen von Unwerth
- Bea de Giacomo photographs the wonders of pregnancy
- Matthieu Lavanchy recreates food emojis "irl" for The Gourmand's tenth issue
- Introducing Broccoli, the publication “normalising cannabis use, especially for women”
- One Step Ahead: we meet Paula Scher, the trailblazing Pentagram Partner