On 26 November Article 25, the leading architectural aid charity, will auction off 100 artworks created by leading and emerging architects and designers at the RIBA in London. Titled 10×10, the event takes its name from a grid laid over an area of London, with each contributor assigned a square. This year the artists will focus on Brixton and have been asked to explore human interaction in the area rather than the built environment, “to portray the cultural diversity that makes Brixton so special.”
This year’s participants include Anthony Gormley, Zaha Hadid Architects, Charles Holland, Richard Meier, Rafael Viñoly, Karl Singaporewala, Wolfgang Buttress, Peter Murray, Sam Jacob, Jock McFadyen, Tom Hunter, Antoni Malinowksi, Will Alsop and Eva Jiricna.
Sunand Prasad, Article 25′s Chair of Trustees, said: "This year’s 10×10 event will once again be held at the home of British architecture, the RIBA, with wonderful sketches, drawings, paintings, photographs and 3D work up for the highest bid. Every pound raised by 10×10 is multiplied by Article 25 and its in-country partners to provide a far more valuable improvement in life chances in some of the most vulnerable communities around the world. I am confident that with a growing number of supporters we can make 10×10 2016 the best yet”.
The 10×10 auction will be hosted at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London on the evening of the 29 November 2016.
- Chris Brooks has spent a decade rediscovering his family's 100-year-old printing press
- Spanish artist Ignasi Monreal firmly places classical painting in the now
- Kai Tang on how book design is timeless and therefore “more valuable”
- Tim Schutsky turns snow globes and scuffed-up trainers into scenes worth a second glance
- Champagne Nicko's illustrations feature characters in perpetual party mode
- Pablo Amargo on his simple and humorous illustrations for The New York Times
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance