On 26 November Article 25, the leading architectural aid charity, will auction off 100 artworks created by leading and emerging architects and designers at the RIBA in London. Titled 10×10, the event takes its name from a grid laid over an area of London, with each contributor assigned a square. This year the artists will focus on Brixton and have been asked to explore human interaction in the area rather than the built environment, “to portray the cultural diversity that makes Brixton so special.”
This year’s participants include Anthony Gormley, Zaha Hadid Architects, Charles Holland, Richard Meier, Rafael Viñoly, Karl Singaporewala, Wolfgang Buttress, Peter Murray, Sam Jacob, Jock McFadyen, Tom Hunter, Antoni Malinowksi, Will Alsop and Eva Jiricna.
Sunand Prasad, Article 25′s Chair of Trustees, said: "This year’s 10×10 event will once again be held at the home of British architecture, the RIBA, with wonderful sketches, drawings, paintings, photographs and 3D work up for the highest bid. Every pound raised by 10×10 is multiplied by Article 25 and its in-country partners to provide a far more valuable improvement in life chances in some of the most vulnerable communities around the world. I am confident that with a growing number of supporters we can make 10×10 2016 the best yet”.
The 10×10 auction will be hosted at the Royal Institute of British Architects in London on the evening of the 29 November 2016.
- Innovative graphic designer Samuel Bloch on how his work "creates an interesting contradiction"
- Illustrator Lily Kong's vibrant world of marshmallow babies, greenery and cats
- Photographer Dham Srifuengfung's endearingly fabulous shoot starring his childhood nanny
- Easle partners with top industry talent to launch freelance creative hiring platform
- Post-Soviet Visions: image and identity in the new Eastern Europe
- "The truth can be controversial": illustrator Edel Rodriguez on going viral
- Photo of a single atom wins science photography prize
- Property developer fined $6.7 million for “whitewashing” New York graffiti haven, 5Pointz
- Google tackles image copyright infringement with latest design tweak
- Ikea partners with Hasselblad to offer more “inspiring” prints for its frames
- Meet graphic designer Jonathan Isaacson and his hybrid portfolio
- "Oddities, clumsiness and dogs": the mischievous output of designer Félicité Landrivon