Finn the Human, Marceline the Vampire Queen, Princess Bubblegum and Jake the Dog are all too familiar names to those who are fans of Cartoon Network’s hit series Adventure Time. If you count yourself as one of those die-hard fans, we’re sorry to break the news to you that tonight (3 September), after ten strong seasons, Finn’s adventures across the Land of Ooo will come to an end.
Titled Come Along With Me, the four-part, hour-long finale features high stakes. Throughout the final season, Finn and Jake have attempted to keep the peace as the malevolent Uncle Gumbald has tried his best to seize control of Candy Kingdom from his niece, Princess Bubblegum – a saga which will finally draw a conclusion.
Created by Pendleton Ward, Adventure Time has garnered a reputation for being weird and surreal – as well as emotionally challenging and downright funny over its previous ten seasons. A children’s cartoon, the series has tackled mature themes and allowed its viewers to grow with its characters. From amorphous dogs to gender fluid video game controllers, it’s safe to say Adventure Time will leave a very specifically-shaped hole in its wake.
- From snowboarder to graphic designer, Kazuhiro Aihara constantly seeks artistry in design
- “Every design project can be somehow political”: Felipe Rocha on his multifaceted portfolio
- Jeffrey Cheung’s new book is a joyous celebration of QTPOC communities
- Shake, England, shake: Ian Howorth photographs a vision of Arcadia
- Uma Bista’s photographs address gender inequality in Nepalese communities
- Meet Tess Smith-Roberts, the illustration student who adds a "stupid little smiley" to every character
- “The future of design is in the creation of tools”: Meet the Space Type Generator
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Yushi Li on photographing men she met through Tinder
- Lacoste once again swaps its iconic crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- When Hollie Fernando forgot her age, she decided to take her first self-portraits
- Introducing Double Click – our new series rounding up the best of the digital design world