Finn the Human, Marceline the Vampire Queen, Princess Bubblegum and Jake the Dog are all too familiar names to those who are fans of Cartoon Network’s hit series Adventure Time. If you count yourself as one of those die-hard fans, we’re sorry to break the news to you that tonight (3 September), after ten strong seasons, Finn’s adventures across the Land of Ooo will come to an end.
Titled Come Along With Me, the four-part, hour-long finale features high stakes. Throughout the final season, Finn and Jake have attempted to keep the peace as the malevolent Uncle Gumbald has tried his best to seize control of Candy Kingdom from his niece, Princess Bubblegum – a saga which will finally draw a conclusion.
Created by Pendleton Ward, Adventure Time has garnered a reputation for being weird and surreal – as well as emotionally challenging and downright funny over its previous ten seasons. A children’s cartoon, the series has tackled mature themes and allowed its viewers to grow with its characters. From amorphous dogs to gender fluid video game controllers, it’s safe to say Adventure Time will leave a very specifically-shaped hole in its wake.
- Anyways animates the rich history of Soho and Spitalfields for Fora
- Christoph Niemann on the mammoth task of designing a mural with 20,000 tiles
- Cowboy-centric style and loaves of bread feature in Agnieszka Chabros' latest series
- “I've just always liked drawing people”: Haley Tippmann on her observational illustrations
- Miner magazine evokes a narrative around men in rabbit suits and internet celebrities
- José Castrellón documents the workers smuggling fuel from Venezuela into Colombia
- Working Not Working reveals the top companies creatives want to work at
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- In praise of doing nothing: How to turn boredom into brilliant ideas
- WeWork gets a new name, and a slightly new look too