Nico Froehlich, Kell Mitchell and more contribute prints raising funds for Turkey and Syria

A selection of photographers represented by Amp Agency have donated works, raising funds for Unicef’s appeal for children affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria.

14 February 2023

It’s Nice That is collating resources, fundraisers, print sales and responses from the creative community to the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. If you’d like to suggest an addition, please email

The devastation caused by earthquakes which hit Turkey and Syria on 6 February continues to grow. The first earthquake struck at the early hours of the Monday morning and measured 7.8 magnitude; it has been described as the worst natural disaster in a century in the region. As of 14 February, the death toll surpassed 37,000.

Amp Art Store – an initiative launched by photo agency Amp to raise funds for a series of urgent causes – has launched a print sale for the children affected by the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. 80 per cent of proceeds will be donated directly to Unicef’s Turkey and Syria Earthquakes Appeal; the remaining 20 per cent will be used for printing and shipping.

27 prints are currently available for purchase, though Amp states the selection will grow as it adds new works from its network of artists. Audiences can find works from photographers including Nico Froehlich, Kell Mitchell, Elliot Jones, Emily Winiker, Joe Howard and more.

Amp has previously raised money for Voices of Children Ukraine and Eastside Youth Arts Organisation. This time Amp are working with Unicef. In Syria, Unicef are working to ensure access to clean water and to secure children’s safety and wellbeing; in Turkey the organisation has “mobilised vital emergency supplies and ensured access to safe spaces for children and families”.

Amp shares a statement with It’s Nice That: “The devastating fallout is especially concerning for the safety and wellbeing of children who have lost their homes, those who are sleeping rough, and those who have been separated from their families. We must help!” Amp asks readers to buy a print and share the appeal widely; it will also be accepting submissions from photographers seeking to donate works. Find the full selection of prints at the Amp Art Store. Buyers can email to make a purchase.

GalleryAmp Art Store prints fundraising for Children affected by the Turkey-Syria Earthquake


Nico Froehlich: Orange Juice (Copyright © Nico Froehlich)


Emily Winiker: Shower in Capri (Copyright © Emily Winiker)


Kell Michell: Untitled (Copyright © Kell Michell)


Emily Winiker: Horses in Cape Town (Copyright © Emily Winiker)


Kell Mitchell: Oranges on Blue (Copyright © Kell Mitchell)


Elliot Jones: Peru (Copyright © Elliot Jones)


Nico Froehlich: A Familiar Sight (Copyright © Nico Froehlich)


Nico Froehlich: Fish + Chips (Copyright © Nico Froehlich)

Hero Header

Emily Winiker: Puzzle on the Ferry (Copyright © Emily Winiker)

Share Article

About the Author

Liz Gorny

Liz (she/they) joined It’s Nice That as news writer in December 2021. In January 2023, they became associate editor, predominantly working on partnership projects and contributing long-form pieces to It’s Nice That. Contact them about potential partnerships or story leads.

It's Nice That Newsletters

Fancy a bit of It's Nice That in your inbox? Sign up to our newsletters and we'll keep you in the loop with everything good going on in the creative world.