400 postcard sized artworks have been created for a secret auction in aid of the Hepatitis C Trust that will take place in London next month. The Art on a postcard Secret Auction will see works by the likes of Grayson Perry, Maggie Hambling, Oliver Jeffers, Peter Blake, Harland Miller and Gilbert & George exhibit alongside emerging artists. The works will be sold at auction on 17 November following a three week exhibition at Maddox Gallery London.
Art on a Postcard has partnered with The Auction Room to do a live webcast auction meaning it will be possible to watch the auction live as well as bid on-line.
“At the start of this project in 2014, we were conscious to create something that was truly inclusive and engaging but that also was true to our current economical and political landscape,” says Gemma Peppe, director of Art on a Postcard. “Postcard sized artwork does just that. Small works of art are a symbol of the austerity we have been living through, economical for our artists to make and our audience to buy, perfectly sized to fit easily onto the wall of a London apartment, and if none of the above, great, collectible, artworks in their own merit.”
- Podcast company Gimlet’s new identity by GrandArmy is designed not to be too “slick”
- Utopia and dystopia collide in Bysanz Baisen Zhou’s other-worldly creations
- Who are the people with the power to design the system we live in? Digital artist Peter Burr investigates
- Design studio de_form on its exhibition identity for Erik Kessels’ latest show
- Traditional fashion photography, fine art and 3D renders combine in Olya Oleinic's portfolio
- Cabeza Patata on finding the right way to represent the diversity of the world around us
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- A logo costs $1200 in 2019, according to Folyo’s graphic design pricing list
- Juuso Westerlund’s tender photographs of his sons capture the essence of childhood