Rodarte designers Laura and Kate Mulleavy have released a new lookbook shot by the accomplished photographer Autumn de Wilde. Autumn, whose work has previously appeared in The New York Times and Los Angeles Times, shot a range of influential women like Miranda July, Danai Gurira, Grimes, Gia Coppola and a pregnant Kirsten Dunst in floral, tulle dresses for the publication. The ruffled skirts and pastoral backdrop were all photographed in the brand’s showroom in Paris. The lookbook was released after the major fashion label announced that it would not be putting on a fashion show this season.
In the official press release, the design duo announced that they “are thrilled to feature women who inspire us in our fall/winter 2018 portrait series", while Autumn de Wilde posted on her Instagram that she was “so honoured to have photographed this incredible collection and these incredible women.” The twitter page Tabloid Art History also commented on the series, writing “did Thomas Gainsborough come back from the dead to create the new Rodarte campaign? No, it’s the extremely talented @autumndewilde, giving us gorgeous 17/18 century society portraiture vibes.”
- From documentaries to exhibition design via portraiture and painting, relive June’s Nicer Tuesdays
- Useless is a website mapping out the UK’s zero-waste network
- Material Literacy: Why we need to rethink language to survive the climate crisis
- Welcome to Response and Responsibility, a look at creativity and climate change
- Maurizio Di Iorio tricks the eye with his illusory photography
- With “personality and warmth”, Laura McCluskey turns her lens to those around her
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!