Fashion collective Bowlcut have launched their new summer collection, which pays homage to their very specific UK legends in their distinct way.
The brand, infamous for tongue-in-cheek nods to pop culture featuring t-shirts that ape classic brands with humour, cherry pick their best of British talent. The new collection features t-shirts donning three Lion (bars) on a shirt, an homage to what they call “everyone’s favourite uncle” David Attenborough, and an ode to Kurupt FM’s Steves, one of the stars from BBC’s cult hit show People Just Do Nothing.
Speaking to It’s Nice That on email about the collection, Bowlcut say, “We don’t take the England team too seriously after years of heartbreak”, subsequently, the three Lions that appear on their shirt are chocolate ones.
Speaking about their Steves Saint Laurent shirt and cap collection that takes inspiration from a Trump campaign quote, ahead of their new music offerings, they say:
“We’ve had a long standing relationship with Kurupt FM and Steves has supported us since day. We’ve also started a monthly Soundcloud DJ Mix. We want to make Soundcloud great again, one mix at a time”.
The collection will be released later this month.
- Photographer Anne-Sophie Guillet’s stunning portraits challenge gender binaries
- For Jan Horcik, type design and graphic design cannot work without one another
- “Like a little factory making picture books”: The wondrous work of Marie Neurath
- What’s the purpose of prison? This series captures a horse rehabilitation programme in Arizona
- Tina Schwizgebel-Wang’s etchings are filled with detailed scenes of everyday life
- “I want to show that the world is actually very simple”: meet artist Hisami Tanaka
- New study claims to pinpoint the most creative time of day, down to the minute
- Singapore-based studio Swell explores the idea of the banished book
- "My little niece and my grandmother like the game equally": how Playables made the simply addictive Kids
- In being "open to possibilities" still life painter Duane Keiser paints the everyday joys of life
- What the cluck? KFC releases limited-edition bucket hat
- For Bizzarri-Rodriguez, book design “is everything except a science”