Most of us try and avoid thinking about the cold, refreshing, crisp taste of lager on a Monday morning. After a weekend of hedonistic excess, we more likely to be reaching for a dumbbell than a pint glass come 6PM. However, and not that we’re easily swayed or anything, today’s news that Danish brewery big dogs Carlsberg are set to release a new amber offering has got our mind wandering to the Dog and Duck. Unfiltered, which is set to start pumping through pipes in hostelries up and down the country in the very near future, is being described as a “premium” beer.
It’s beer, they say, “with the top button undone,” or “Carlsberg on a dress down Friday.”
To get prospective pint-suppers on board, London-based creative agency Fold7 have recruited Danish dynamo Mads Mikkelsen to head up the supporting print and video campaign, and the Casino Royale star looks delighted to be hanging about in a sun-dappled wood with a squirrel and a beer for company.
For Fold7’s founder, the new Mads-heavy campaign, “introduces new texture to the campaign as we start to unveil the many innovations the brand has up its sleeve,” while Russell Jones, the senior VP of marketing at Carlsberg says “We’re excited to start adding real depth and substance to our well-loved ‘Probably the Best’ positioning,” adding that it’s all about "great tasting beer and Mads with a 5 o clock shadow…What’s not to like?!”
Viewers can judge for themselves below, while drinkers can do similarly very soon.
- For Ginko Yang “drawing creates the same effects as a mental massage”
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Maurice Andresen is reimagining Glasgow’s non-spaces as an ethereal world
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- Julia Falkner and Lorena Hydeman document boys playing with gender for the first time
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- Laughing at the world of graphic design with Tracy Ma
- Pantone's Colour of the Year 2019 has been announced and it's... Living Coral!
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- The animated short giving Isle of Dogs a run for its money
- Caleb Halter's instinctual design practice produces considered and refined work