OCD sufferers are not happy with the new Christmas decorations on the entrance to the Holland Tunnel. The tunnel is one of the busiest ways into America’s most famous city, New York. It journeys under the Hudson River, connecting Manhattan with Jersey City, aiding many citizen’s daily commute in and out of the big apple.
However, this year’s festive decorations adorned on the tunnel’s entrance has caused an upset amongst OCD sufferers. As it stands, 1894 people have signed a petition to rearrange the Christmas decorations as a Christmas tree is currently unsightly placed right on top of an “N”. The change.org petition is started by Cory Windelspecht who writes “Nearly 1-3% of America’s population suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”, causing daily afflictions for its sufferers.
Cory suggests the Christmas tree is moved from the unsightly “N” to the more appropriately shaped, “A”, which he claims “would fit perfectly” and help those who have OCD like himself. What is more, another O-shaped wreath is also unattractively plonked on top of a “U” to the dismay of us graphic design enthusiasts.
Cory goes on to say, “This one small things triggers anyone with the slightest hint of OCD every time they enter the city… This is the time where all people should be celebrating and have an opportunity to enjoy decoration and festivities. This country is divided already, let’s start doing things to bring us back together.”
- “I absolutely hated it”: Heath West on why he left architecture for the art industry
- Hubert Crabières captures a brilliantly absurd celebrating family for Edicola
- Illustrator Holly St Clair uses the rhythm of a joke in her portfolio of sculptures, textiles and prints
- Jules Durant aims to “design cool new fonts” beyond the Latin alphabet
- For Alice Franchetti, graphic design is the sweet spot where maths and intuition meet
- Lucy Sherston finds that leaving out parts of a composition is just as important as the bits kept in
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!