We don’t know about you, but Crayola felt tips and crayons were what our childhood crafty days were made of. From those amazing spray-pens to the coveted glitter crayon, nothing outdid the joy of that glorious sensation of dragging a waxy crayon over a crisp sheet of white paper. Aside from a few failed attempts at colouring in our dolls with Crayola products, never beyond our wildest dreams could we have anticipated the crayon giant collaborating with ASOS on a make up range for the grown up (maybe!) Crayola fans among us.
Naturally, the vast array of pop-colours take centre stage, with 95 bright and bold hues to play with within the 58-product range. The real winner however lies in the nostalgia-drenched Crayola packaging — you could easily mistake the eye liner boxes for that of fresh new felt tips, with its iconic yellow and green colour scheme and cut-out allowing you a peek at your purchase. The eyeliners and lipsticks look just like the plastic pen casings themselves, with the nibs fashioned like the fresh tip of the classic Crayola crayon. Super satisfying.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice