We don’t know about you, but Crayola felt tips and crayons were what our childhood crafty days were made of. From those amazing spray-pens to the coveted glitter crayon, nothing outdid the joy of that glorious sensation of dragging a waxy crayon over a crisp sheet of white paper. Aside from a few failed attempts at colouring in our dolls with Crayola products, never beyond our wildest dreams could we have anticipated the crayon giant collaborating with ASOS on a make up range for the grown up (maybe!) Crayola fans among us.
Naturally, the vast array of pop-colours take centre stage, with 95 bright and bold hues to play with within the 58-product range. The real winner however lies in the nostalgia-drenched Crayola packaging — you could easily mistake the eye liner boxes for that of fresh new felt tips, with its iconic yellow and green colour scheme and cut-out allowing you a peek at your purchase. The eyeliners and lipsticks look just like the plastic pen casings themselves, with the nibs fashioned like the fresh tip of the classic Crayola crayon. Super satisfying.
- Yuri Suzuki on how the key design tool is always communication
- Anna Sullivan art directs a look back at the fascinating tradition of stilt walking shepherds
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Director Angela Stephenson documents Manila's defiance for creative freedom in the narco-state
- Friday Mixtape: Anthony Naples takes us from the party to the after party
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Vice magazine's creative team talks us through its new and unexpectedly different redesign
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- London Art Fair gets an abstract and textural rebrand for 2019