For the cover story of the A/W 2018 issue of Dazed, Wolfgang Tillmans has photographed Dev Hynes in a series of intimate portraits.
The feature, written by Durga Chew-Bose, is hooked to the release of the new Blood Orange album, Negro Swan, and both the interview and Tillmans’ photographs convey Hynes’ ability to turn vulnerability into power.
Negro Swan intimately explores black experience, and of the album, Dev says: “There’s a lot of trash in the world and I don’t wanna add to it, you know? If I have to put something out there, I wanna be so certain of it, and feel so good about it”.
Dazed A/W 2018 is out on Thursday 13th September.
- Bobby Doherty shows how zooming in can reveal the “fun, gross, beautiful or cute”
- Melville Brand Design on a new book detailing the history of Samsonite
- Steve Gavan's illustrative work pays homage to often overlooked design gems
- Photographer Ioana Cirlig's Post-Industrial Stories looks at Romanian life after work
- Mateo Broillet likes to reflect elements of type history in his contemporary designs
- Rebecca Harper's paintings are a “reflection of the time we are living in”
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance