A naive drawing of the New York City skyline by Donald Trump is currently in an online auction. At time of writing, with less than a day to go, the bid is at $9,900 after just two bids and a starting price of $9,000.
The drawing was created in 2005 by the president as a prize in a charity auction for global literacy. The quick sketch displays a child-like drawing of the skyline, a random curved line underneath it and is accompanied by his signature in gold pen. Donald has even added some artistic licence on the city’s skyline, extending the size of Trump Tower so it takes centre stage.
Donald Trump’s temperament, outrageous personality and presidency have been the inspiration for a wealth of creative pieces in outrage against him. We just hope he doesn’t follow in George Bush’s footsteps and pick up painting…
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum