OK, so the Gordon Brown and Gillian Duffy costumes that you and your partner cobbled together after a frantic five minutes in a branch of the British Heart Foundation didn’t quite go down as well as you’d both expected, but that doesn’t mean that your Halloween-enthusiasm levels should totally plummet, right?
With just 48 hours to go until it’s socially acceptable to eat a kilo of sweets for dinner, the spook-happy film buffs over at design studio Dorothy have unveiled one of the tastiest tins this side of the Frey Bentos section in your local Sainsbury’s.
The Business as Unusual box-set sees Dorothy taking 31 of the studio’s favourite characters from horror films, giving each a “unique calling card to help them ply their evil trade,” which makes it a must-have for that mate of yours who falls asleep to Night of the Living Dead twice a week.
Spanning everyone from horror top dogs like Norman Bates and Hannibal Lecter, through to slightly lesser known — but still abjectly terrifying — figures including Paul and Peter, the psychopathic pair who wreak havoc in Michael Haneke’s Funny Games this limited-edition directory of horror is more treat than trick. Sorry.
The box is available to purchase now.
- “We are adamant that our projects pass the test of time”: Principal on its designs for Yoko Ono and Pierre Dorion
- Daniel Brereton gets back together with Metronomy for their latest video
- Internet Crusader tells the story of a virus-induced post-apocalyptic world
- Daniel Stankler reimagines the classics into colourful and uncanny animations
- Wang Zhi-Hong on his shifting approach of “hiding information” in graphic design
- Summers in Buda captures the city’s old women, and a possible dystopian future
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Peter Saville has designed this year's Pornhub Awards trophy, inspired by sex hormones
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW