OK, so the Gordon Brown and Gillian Duffy costumes that you and your partner cobbled together after a frantic five minutes in a branch of the British Heart Foundation didn’t quite go down as well as you’d both expected, but that doesn’t mean that your Halloween-enthusiasm levels should totally plummet, right?
With just 48 hours to go until it’s socially acceptable to eat a kilo of sweets for dinner, the spook-happy film buffs over at design studio Dorothy have unveiled one of the tastiest tins this side of the Frey Bentos section in your local Sainsbury’s.
The Business as Unusual box-set sees Dorothy taking 31 of the studio’s favourite characters from horror films, giving each a “unique calling card to help them ply their evil trade,” which makes it a must-have for that mate of yours who falls asleep to Night of the Living Dead twice a week.
Spanning everyone from horror top dogs like Norman Bates and Hannibal Lecter, through to slightly lesser known — but still abjectly terrifying — figures including Paul and Peter, the psychopathic pair who wreak havoc in Michael Haneke’s Funny Games this limited-edition directory of horror is more treat than trick. Sorry.
The box is available to purchase now.
- Greg Lin Jiajie captures stories from his “favourite place”, his hometown of Fujian
- Grotesque and playful, Tres Tipos Gráficos’ latest project is filled with personality
- Luca Mastroianni on his journey from Instagram selfies to the new Gentle Monster campaign
- Graphic designer Jacob Pardoe on collaborating with a neural network and the surprises it produces
- Call for Collaboration: Mahaneela is looking for a mixed media creative to visualise modern love
- Annu Kilpeläinen’s zine Rally 2U promises cars, sun and speed
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Job interviews: Pentagram, Wieden+Kennedy and Bureau Borsche on how to get them and what to say
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!