Egle Zvirblyte has been commissioned to create a series of illustrations for New Zealand-based Thai restaurant Gogo Daddy Canteen. The illustrations, which include tigers, dogs and bananas wearing glasses deliver more of what we’ve come to know and love from the Lithuanian illustrator.
Placed on a baby-pink background, the characters can be found making their way through bowls and bowls of food, riding each other’s shoulders or selling prawns at a pop-up shack. Presented as individual moments, the lively characters also come together in a busy scene on a series of posters.
Gogo Daddy is Mark Wallbank and Che Barrington’s new eatery serving street-style Thai food out of Auckland, New Zealand. “We’ve eaten our way through Thailand, from roadside carts in Chiang Mai to the floating markets of Bangkok. This menu is our take on rustic Thai street food, inspired by our travels,” the pair write on their website. Egle’s illustrations reflect the fun and vibrancy that Mark and Che experienced in Thailand and are utilised across menus, table markers, staff t-shirts, house-made drink labels, the website and online presence, as well as a large-scale mural inside the restaurant.
- Artist Yuko Mohri creates improvised ecosystems through found objects
- The Red Road Project is a celebration of Native American cultures
- Myth-busting: Split's Oli Bentley on interrogating northern identity through typography
- Peer inside the creative minds behind KOMONO's Signature Collection
- Studio Makgill present ten objects that capture the beauty of simplicity
- Margot Bowman talks us through the creation of her short, Common Misconceptions
- An interview with Pentagram's latest partner, Astrid Stavro
- Student-friendly new typeface Sans Forgetica claims to boost memory
- Record Label Logo Archive Vol.1 is a music nerd's dream come true
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Vrints-Kolsteren is a graphic design studio that doesn’t adhere to the typical studio-customer relationship
- Swiss Passports will be issued live for 24 hours from 6pm tonight