Egle Zvirblyte has been commissioned to create a series of illustrations for New Zealand-based Thai restaurant Gogo Daddy Canteen. The illustrations, which include tigers, dogs and bananas wearing glasses deliver more of what we’ve come to know and love from the Lithuanian illustrator.
Placed on a baby-pink background, the characters can be found making their way through bowls and bowls of food, riding each other’s shoulders or selling prawns at a pop-up shack. Presented as individual moments, the lively characters also come together in a busy scene on a series of posters.
Gogo Daddy is Mark Wallbank and Che Barrington’s new eatery serving street-style Thai food out of Auckland, New Zealand. “We’ve eaten our way through Thailand, from roadside carts in Chiang Mai to the floating markets of Bangkok. This menu is our take on rustic Thai street food, inspired by our travels,” the pair write on their website. Egle’s illustrations reflect the fun and vibrancy that Mark and Che experienced in Thailand and are utilised across menus, table markers, staff t-shirts, house-made drink labels, the website and online presence, as well as a large-scale mural inside the restaurant.
- Jocelyn Lee's first UK solo exhibition surveys The Appearance of Things (NSFW)
- Okobo is photographer William Ukoh's mesmerising tribute to his grandparents
- Alex Norris tells the story of his "Oh No" comics and its “badly drawn blob” star
- Seung-Gu Kim creates Lowry-style photographs of South Korean holidays
- Baptiste Bernazeau draws on a degenerating building complex for his latest typeface
- Fish by Osma Harvilahti is a romantic interpretation of the Japanese fishing industry
- Bad week for art world as Jeff Koons piece is smashed and imitation Happy Meal thrown away
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- Fight the midweek blues with Andrea Locci's cheeky illustration series SneakerSutra
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- Rektorat: a type family adapted from letterings discovered during a renovation