Creative agency Fold7 and breast cancer charity CoppaFeel! have won the right to show the first full female breast on daytime TV, as part of an advert directed by Ivana Bobic. The film, Trust Your Touch, demonstrates how women should examine their breasts for unusual changes, to aid early detection of breast cancer.
The film is tongue-in-cheek and punchy, using double entendre and cheeky imagery around the theme of touch. As the narrator lists words for different ways to check your breasts – “point, poke, pat, pull… fiddle, twiddle, jiggle, juggle, touch… cup, bounce, knead, squish, squeeze,” – each action is depicted, from a juggler with boob-shaped balls to someone squeezing the jam out of doughnuts.
In line with the charity’s typically irreverent tone, the ad aims to raise awareness with young audiences, the vast majority of whom do not check their boobs regularly, according to CoppaFeel! research.
“We rely on our touch for an incredible amount of things, without even thinking about it,” says Lucy Aston, creative at Fold7. “It’s the perfect tool for checking for any changes. There’s no right or wrong way, it’s just important to get hands on and know your boobs. If this campaign can encourage women to have the confidence to regularly touch their boobs, it could help detect signs of breast cancer earlier.”
The ad will run on TV and in cinemas, in 60 and 40-second adverts respectively. These will be supported by an out-of-home campaign and partnerships with retailers.
- Books From the Future talk us through its workshop on disaster in contemporary culture
- Molly Bounds paints intimate moments of quiet contemplation
- Friday Mixtape: Grand Union Orchestra's founder curates us a mix on the theme of migration
- Flat-e tells us how it made a visual interpretation of Daniel Avery's record in its entirety
- Girma Berta authentically captures the people of Addis Ababa with an iPhone
- Remember the pre-stage nerves and backstage stress in Alexander Coggin's photos of children's theatre
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice