Free Comic Book Day has announced the full list of titles that will be given away at next year’s event. The line-up features comics from Drawn & Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Oni Press and Nobrow, amid major, renowned publishers. These include Archie Comics and Matt Groening’s Bongo Comics, plus mainstream comic franchises from DC Comics and Dark Horse.
The international event will see 50 titles given away for free at comic book stores around the world.
Nobrow has put forward Hilda’s Back, with a cover illustrated by Luke Pearson. Drawn & Quarterly is releasing a special edition of Colourful Monsters and sneak previews of comics by Brigitte Findakly and Lewis Trondheim, and Guy Delisle.
Fantagraphics is publishing a FCBD edition of a book dedicated to Noah Van Sciver. Oni Press is releasing an edition of Bad Machinery by John Allison, as well as a comic book depiction of Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty.
Free Comic Book Day takes place on 6 May 2017.
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum