Free Comic Book Day has announced the full list of titles that will be given away at next year’s event. The line-up features comics from Drawn & Quarterly, Fantagraphics, Oni Press and Nobrow, amid major, renowned publishers. These include Archie Comics and Matt Groening’s Bongo Comics, plus mainstream comic franchises from DC Comics and Dark Horse.
The international event will see 50 titles given away for free at comic book stores around the world.
Nobrow has put forward Hilda’s Back, with a cover illustrated by Luke Pearson. Drawn & Quarterly is releasing a special edition of Colourful Monsters and sneak previews of comics by Brigitte Findakly and Lewis Trondheim, and Guy Delisle.
Fantagraphics is publishing a FCBD edition of a book dedicated to Noah Van Sciver. Oni Press is releasing an edition of Bad Machinery by John Allison, as well as a comic book depiction of Adult Swim’s Rick & Morty.
Free Comic Book Day takes place on 6 May 2017.
- A real bobby-dazzler, it’s Best of the Web!
- Max Guther is back with more hyper real illustrations visualising social trends
- The Igor has landed: Igor Bastidas on our animated cover for Printed Pages AW17
- Balmer Hählen takes a traditional Swiss design approach to its projects
- Friday Mixtape: a very rare mixtape from the one and only John Carpenter
- Josh McKenna talks through his work on Pride for Google and Instagram
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum