Pentagram’s Luke Hayman, illustrator Ed Steed and graphic designer Matt De Jong are among the nominees for the Grammys 2018 in the Package category.
Luke Hayman was nominated together with Elyanna Blaser-Gould and Andrea Trabucco-Campos for their album cover design for The National’s Sleep Well Beast.
Renowned illustrator Ed Steed, together with Sasha Barr and Josh Tillman were nominated for the cover of Pure Comedy by Father John Misty.
Matt De Jong and Alex Crossan were selected for art directing Mura Masa’s album artwork. Other nominees in this category include Claudio Roncoli and Cactus Taller for Magín Diaz’ El Orisha De La Rosa cover; and Gail Marowitz, for Jonathan Coulton’s Solid State artwork.
The other visual design category for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package includes nominees Tom Hingston for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds’ Lovely Creatures best-of album, and LADdesign’s box set for the Voyager Golden record. Designer Masaki Koike, who has been nominated several times for his work in music, was also nominated for May 1977: Get Shown The Light by the Grateful Dead.
The Best Music Video category features Canada’s epic live action video for Beck’s Up All Night, as well as the animated video for The Story of O.J. by Jay-Z, directed by the rapper with Mark Romanek, and producer Daniel Midgley.
The winners will be announced on 28 January 2018. See the full list of nominees here.
- Grace Miceli’s bold and playful illustrations re-interpret brands in humorous ways
- Tsto returns to design Flow Festival's identity, pushing and playing with its typography
- Rosie Yasukochi's vibrant comic reflects on post-generational trauma
- Patrick Kyle's helpful advice on how to start out at illustration fairs
- "Don't drink and dance in front of your peers": ten creatives on their biggest mistakes
- Rachel Louise Hodgson’s drawings challenge traditional ideals of beauty
- Crayola launches a makeup range based on its ubiquitous crayons
- Portfolio tips from top studios: what to leave in (and out) and how to get noticed
- The Graduates 2018: Should I get a job or go freelance?
- All internships are not created equal: how to spot the best opportunities and have the courage to reject the duds
- Erik Spiekermann brings five unfinished fonts from Bauhaus design masters to life with Adobe
- Why counter-culture matters: Rough Trade launches publishing venture designed by Craig Oldham