In the wake of Gumtree’s rebrand a couple of weeks ago, the classifieds website has now launched a TV ad to sit alongside its brand refresh. The spot will be broadcast from today (18 January) and sees a father buying a piano for his daughter through Gumtree. The viewer is taken on a journey showing what this could mean for her and shows the world of opportunities that are available.
Created by London agency Fold7 the campaign’s strapline is “Opportunity starts on Gumtree,” and this ad will be the first in a series created by the agency. Hannah Wilson, head of marketing at Gumtree says: “Our previous campaigns have focused on the fact that we are local, free and easy. We’re excited to now show the emotional relationship people have using Gumtree.”
- Manshen Lo creates surreal, comic-inspired observational illustrations
- “To me, being a man just means being yourself”: five creatives share their thoughts on masculinity
- Hexatope: the web-app utilising computational arts to make personalised jewellery
- Lucy Hardcastle on her “most progressive film to date”
- Moby Digg creates grid-based identity for finance company Baugeld Spezialisten
- Typography and National Socialism – the journey of Futura in an era of "reactionary modernity"
- Peter Funch has photographed the same people on the same street for nine years
- DBLG and Animade’s cheeky stop-motion animation uses human skin and 3D stamps
- “It needed to be functional, a workhorse”: Arket’s in-house team on its brand identity
- Get to know the fluid work of graphic designer, Steffen Hotel
- Fukt magazine presents the erotic drawings of David Shrigley, Tracy Emin and many more
- Poster Girls, an exhibition of 150 female graphic designers opens at London Transport Museum