Every so often life’s gloom temporarily lifts and you’re presented with something so strange and wonderful that you can’t help but feel a grin creep over your face. Today we’ve been blessed with such a thing: Harmony Korine has shot a bandana-wearing Harry Styles enjoying the company of a few pigs and a rather regal bevy of swans.
Korine’s latest work for Italy’s most famous luxury leather merchants Gucci sees the Trash Humpers director using the former One Direction phenomenon to highlight what we’re told is creative director Alessandro Michele’s “oneiric vision” of contemporary high-end menswear.
Earlier this month we brought you news that Korine and Alessandro had locked heads on a superbly surreal book which saw the pair having a laugh amongst the glorious ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
To get fashionistas salivating for Gucci’s Pre-Fall 2019 men’s tailoring collection, Korine has got Harry Styles all dolled up. The brand describes Styles as playing an “eccentric yet nonchalant character, surrounded by his pets in a classical environment, reflecting the House’s vision for a new formal wardrobe.”
- From documentaries to exhibition design via portraiture and painting, relive June’s Nicer Tuesdays
- Useless is a website mapping out the UK’s zero-waste network
- Material Literacy: Why we need to rethink language to survive the climate crisis
- Welcome to Response and Responsibility, a look at creativity and climate change
- Maurizio Di Iorio tricks the eye with his illusory photography
- With “personality and warmth”, Laura McCluskey turns her lens to those around her
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!