Child rights organisation Plan International Finland has worked with local fashion designer Paola Suhonen on a collection of maternity wear for 12-year old girls. Now the fashion line, which was conceived by communications agency hasan & partners, has won the ADCE Creative Distinction award.
Basing their campaign around the statistic that seven million children below the age of 18 become mothers in developing countries across the world, the trio came up with Hamptons, a set of six maternity dresses featuring a “childlike aesthetic”. “I designed a collection that I wish is not needed and that I don’t want to sell”, Paola Suhonen commented.
“It’s total bullshit that charity advertising shouldn’t have sales objectives. Of course, it has the same goals as other advertising”, senior creative at hasan & partners Anu Niemonen says. “In this case, our value in earned media was 56,6 million euros; we reached over 70 million people with our important message, increased the number of monthly donors by 40% and sponsors by 740% compared with the previous campaign.”
Previous ADCE Award winners include 4Creative’s Meet the Superhumans campaign and Jean Jullien’s Peace for Paris design.
- Artist Yuko Mohri creates improvised ecosystems through found objects
- The Red Road Project is a celebration of Native American cultures
- Myth-busting: Split's Oli Bentley on interrogating northern identity through typography
- Peer inside the creative minds behind KOMONO's Signature Collection
- Studio Makgill present ten objects that capture the beauty of simplicity
- Margot Bowman talks us through the creation of her short, Common Misconceptions
- An interview with Pentagram's latest partner, Astrid Stavro
- Student-friendly new typeface Sans Forgetica claims to boost memory
- Record Label Logo Archive Vol.1 is a music nerd's dream come true
- Rudeboy: The Story of Trojan Records documents the origins of Jamaican and British youth culture
- Vrints-Kolsteren is a graphic design studio that doesn’t adhere to the typical studio-customer relationship
- Swiss Passports will be issued live for 24 hours from 6pm tonight