H&M’s Spring 2018 campaign is a lesson in female kinship. The film, which was fittingly shot in Buenos Aires, opens with Elizabeth Olsen tangoing somewhat reluctantly with a male partner before he is tapped on the shoulder and replaced by Naomi Shimada.
Choreographed by Holly Blakey, the short develops as the music shifts, the dance travels out onto the street and an all female troupe of women including Andreea Diaconu, Anna Ewers, Imaan Hammam and Andrea Valledo come together, before being joined at the last minute by none other than Winona Ryder.
“I love the way that the campaign really celebrates women in a very authentic way,” Winona Ryder commented. “I found that to be really refreshing and much needed right now in this culture. They are celebrating themselves and each other.”
“It was such a thrill to be in Buenos Aires for the H&M Spring campaign, and more importantly, to be surrounded by such a wonderful cast of strong women. The entire experience was incredibly inspiring,” Olsen said in a release.
- Lukasz Rusznica journeys into the spirit world with his publication Subterranean River
- Photographer Josh Adam Jones challenges western preconceptions of the Middle East in XO
- Studio Above&Below uses code and emerging tech to improve our planet's wellbeing
- Studio Frith designs Kitty Travers' La Grotta Ices into "a book you want to lick"
- Vicki King explains how she uses photography to elevate the mundane
- Ailsa Johnson’s illustrations draw on the everyday magic of Japanese culture
- Adobe has added 665 new Monotype fonts to Creative Cloud
- Introducing The Graduates class of 2018!
- Swiss design practice Dinamo develops new visual identity for Tumblr
- America's getting a space force and wants Trump supporters to choose its logo
- Meet Adelia Lim, a graphic designer not afraid to poke a little fun at the industry
- "What is my opinion?": Graphic designer James Aspey's research-focused, typographic practice