It’s that time of year everyone, so get into the festive spirit even more by joining It’s Nice That for our Review of the Year 2017 party! Taking place next Thursday 14 December, you’re invited to join us for drinks and merriment at The Printspace in Hoxton, London.
We’ll be celebrating some of the best work created in the past 12 months to coincide with the launch of Review of the Year 2017 on the website, which will see a series of monthly round-ups, opinion pieces, interviews, visual features and a countdown of the best performing stories go live in the lead up to Christmas.
Along with music and beers provided by Beavertown Brewery, we’ll be exhibiting some of the work we’ve championed this year on the walls of Printspace.
We’ll also be selling a specially commissioned poster by London-based illustrator Kyle Platts, who has interpreted the word ‘Nice’ for a limited edition print run. Copies of Printed Pages AW17 and other It’s Nice That goodies will be available to purchase on the night as well, to help with any last minute Christmas shopping you might need to do.
74 Kingsland Rd
Supported by Google
Google is proud to support It’s Nice That in championing a broad and inclusive creative community with its annual Review of the Year. We believe that design is critical to building great products and experiences, and we’re committed to fostering best-in-class results with efforts like Material Design, a unified system combining theory, resources, and tools to help designers and engineers craft beautiful, digital experiences, as well as through our cooperative efforts at Google Design.
From producing original articles and videos, to hosting creative and educational partnerships and events, Google Design’s goal is to connect, support, and inspire designers and design thinkers. Sign up for the Google Design Newsletter to learn more.
- Will Anderson on his Bafta-nominated animation, Have Heart
- Bonjour Garçon combines photography and graphic design to make "strong and delicate" work
- Friday Mixtape: Thomas Pratt curates a mix for a night out in the Bahamas
- The spontaneous, saturated and energetic portfolio of photographer Anton Gottlob
- Alexander Mourant's photographs trace a road-trip he took down the length of Africa
- Video artist Natalia Stuyk on crossing from the digital to the physical world
- Google Creative Lab's animated series tells the story of iPhone users who tried the Pixel 2
- Photographer Michael Northrup’s striking new book is a visual timeline of a former relationship
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- "Something bold, something pure" – the 50-year long legacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Yishu Wang's wonderfully disorientating photography
- Airbnb launches new bespoke font Cereal, designed with Dalton Maag for online and offline fluidity