Artists including Jeremy Deller, Peter Blake, Mona Hatoum and Chris Orr have created exclusive prints to celebrate the anniversary of 70 years of the NHS on 5 July.
The prints, which are being produced by Worton Hall Studios and sold through CCA Galleries, will raise money to support some of London’s busiest hospitals.
The prints include bright pops of colour from Peter Blake, and a reproduction of bedsprings in blue and white from Mona Hatoum.
On the collaboration, David Mach RA, a member of Imperial Health Charity’s Art Committee, says: “What would we do without the NHS? The way we look after each other in this truly national institution is something we can be rightly proud of in the UK. We can be proud too of art and how it plays a vital role in healthcare and I am excited to be working with the Imperial Heath Charity on a celebratory set of prints with a remarkable set of artists to mark the NHS’ 70th birthday.”
Imperial Health Charity uses art as a means of engaging with patients and staff through art. An exhibition of the seven prints will tour St Mary’s, Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospitals over the summer. A further 10 sets will be offered free of charge to hospitals within the London Hospitals Arts Network.
The collection launches 4 July 2018.
- Photographer Robin Friend on representing Britain’s "bastard countryside"
- Artist Bradley Kerl on swapping his Texan surroundings for Tuscany
- María Medem’s illustrations showcase an attentiveness to the body’s movement
- The New York Times Magazine's Ben Grandgenett takes us through its design and tech issue
- Poster Tribune offers a second life to one beloved but short-lived design object
- Smalltown Supersound talk us through five record sleeves which define the label
- Cornelius de Bill Baboul's latest project is "like Baudelaire in the age of McDonalds"
- Okuyama Taiki became interested in design while running a free bookshop in Tokyo
- “The beauty of abstraction”: Christoph Niemann on his new mural for a Berlin train station
- Could Lego's latest range help reduce stress and anxiety?
- Warriors Studio gives us a run-down of the graphic design trends at this year's GDFS
- Music, experimental typesetting and Buckfast: Left Alone Zine returns