Artists including Jeremy Deller, Peter Blake, Mona Hatoum and Chris Orr have created exclusive prints to celebrate the anniversary of 70 years of the NHS on 5 July.
The prints, which are being produced by Worton Hall Studios and sold through CCA Galleries, will raise money to support some of London’s busiest hospitals.
The prints include bright pops of colour from Peter Blake, and a reproduction of bedsprings in blue and white from Mona Hatoum.
On the collaboration, David Mach RA, a member of Imperial Health Charity’s Art Committee, says: “What would we do without the NHS? The way we look after each other in this truly national institution is something we can be rightly proud of in the UK. We can be proud too of art and how it plays a vital role in healthcare and I am excited to be working with the Imperial Heath Charity on a celebratory set of prints with a remarkable set of artists to mark the NHS’ 70th birthday.”
Imperial Health Charity uses art as a means of engaging with patients and staff through art. An exhibition of the seven prints will tour St Mary’s, Charing Cross and Hammersmith Hospitals over the summer. A further 10 sets will be offered free of charge to hospitals within the London Hospitals Arts Network.
The collection launches 4 July 2018.
- Photographer Svetlana Bulatova documents the environmental trauma of the Chechen wars
- From designer to full time artist, Caroline Walls on her gestural paintings
- Benjamin Muzzin on how digital art needs to be “shaken up badly”
- Choose Your Fighter: illustrator Kevin Sabo’s queering of hyper-masculine gaming culture
- Matthew Jones gives insight into Accept & Proceed's work for Nasa
- Illustrator Jordan Awan on fulfilling his childhood dream
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Apple's new typeface is available for use right now
- Channelling personality into branding: Commission Studio on Fenty’s new visual identity
- Does the perfect portfolio exist? Top creatives and studios offer their advice
- Droga5 unveils undulating identity for London’s newest outdoor destination, The Tide
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!