Studio Output has worked with illustrator Jose Mendez to create a series of gifs for BBC Radio 1’s Big Weekend campaign. The gifs show a perpetually dancing group of characters, including a hot dog in sunglasses and an ice cream in trainers, as well as human festival-goers. These characters pop up in other promotional artwork for the event, including print and online still adverts and an animation. The campaign imagery largely follows a vivid blue and pink colour scheme with flashes of pattern, which Studio Output describes as “chaotic, ever-changing mash-up of assets that burst with energy.”
The overall concept is based around the festival’s local, young feel and the idea it is an “epic house party everyone’s invited to”.
The gifs form part of Studio Output’s wider campaign for Big Weekend, which includes brand identity, brand communications, art direction, social content and a TV advert produced by Found, an Output Group.
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous