Justin Bieber fans across the globe have reason to celebrate this week as the pop star announced (via Instagram) that he is selling an original painting. That’s right, Justin is now officially a fine artist. Not the first pop star to turn painter, Justin appears to be following in the footsteps of Britney Spears, who in November 2017 sold a painting for $10,000 to benefit victims of the Las Vegas shooting.
In the 30 December 2017 post, Justin states that all proceeds from the auction will be donated in aid of “Wildfires in CA”. As someone who often uses his Instagram to promote his Christian values (his Instagram bio reads “help change the world” with a link to a video about Christianity), the painting titled Calvary follows fashion. Featuring a dripping cross floating in front of some moody storm clouds and shaky green hills, it appears to utilise spray paint on a wooden board.
Although unclear how much money the painting will fetch, the Instagram post currently stands at a modest 2.1 million likes and with Bieber’s name behind it, it’s sure to raise a tidy sum.
- Looking east: how Smörgåsbord designed a soju brand to work in Europe and Asia alike
- The lonely claustrophobia of Adam Reynolds’ nuclear missile site series
- TwoPoints.Net design a typeface for ESPN The Magazine's Winter Olympics 2018 issue
- A chat with the Orwellian mastermind in charge of the UK town known as Scarfolk
- Sharp Type on expanding its flagship sans into a powerful but practical slab serif
- Dasha Chukhrova's hypnotic animation through air, water and space for Akwuar
- Lacoste swaps famous crocodile logo for ten endangered species
- Director of Taylor Swift's Delicate video accused of copying Spike Jonze’s Kenzo advert
- Rihanna's new advert shows that her make-up line is for all genders
- Dive into Mikey Joyce's portfolio with its “healthy balance of calculated and convoluted silliness"
- Jim Carrey is now a political cartoonist and he's taking down the Trump presidency
- These Swedish kids designed a typeface to celebrate their neighbourhood