It has been announced that the London-born designer Kim Jones is to depart Louis Vuitton. He will show his last collection at the house tomorrow (18 January).
“It has been a huge privilege to work with Kim,” Louis Vuitton’s chairman and chief executive Michael Burke comments in a statement. “His ability to set trends is impeccable and his talent and determination have ensured that Louis Vuitton is firmly placed as the leading brand in luxury menswear today. All of us who have been fortunate to work with Kim wish him continued success in his next venture.”
According to Business of Fashion, Kim is hotly tipped to be heading to Burberry. It was announced in October that Christopher Bailey would be standing down as Burberry’s chief creative officer and president.
After closing his own label Kim Jones in 2008 and moving to join quintessentially British luxury menswear brand Alfred Dunhill as creative director, Kim was brought in by Louis Vuitton in 2011 where he has remained for the past seven years. Through timely collaborations with streetwear brands, most notably Louis Vuitton’s A/W17 pairing with Supreme, Kim brought the house to a hungry new audience and made Louis Vuitton more desirable than ever.
- This year’s Birmingham Design Festival explored truth in the design industry
- Designer John Christian Rose on how he turns mess, chaos and clutter into art
- “My creative process is hella eclectic”: illustrator Jack Fletcher
- Jee-ook Choi turns Uniqlo’s AIRism range into a series of ethereal illustrations
- “Nothing should stand still”: Elaine Song on her dynamic, abstract illustrations
- Meet Ian Weldon, the “photographer that photographs weddings”
- How Pelle Cass creates his jarring “still time-lapse” images
- Mozilla gives Firefox a new look that goes beyond the logo
- Spotify wants you to listen to more podcasts, so it's redesigned its app
- Say a sustainable hello to the world’s first fully compostable trainer
- Illustrator Faye Moorhouse has made a trilogy of zines about her cat
- Applications are now open for The Graduates 2019!