Lecture in Progress has announced the launch of a new survey on the UK creative industry as part of their aim to help inform and inspire the next generation of creative talent. Key findings will be published on on Lecture in Progress and It’s Nice That in the spring.
Lecture in Progress is an online resource offering advice and insight into working in the creative industry. “One of the recurring themes raised by young creatives is what they can expect to earn,” the company explains. “And while a number of similar surveys already exist, this kind of information isn’t always easy to find or understand. We’d like to change this, and better reflect the full spectrum of creative professional experience.”
If you work in the creative industry, are based in the UK and can spare five minutes, please share your experiences here.
- Alice Zoo documents the real day-to-day lives of performers in a travelling circus
- Jenny Schweitzer's latest short is an uplifting account of life in an American retirement home
- Next 2 Nothing is the how-to manual of tips and tricks for any aspiring filmmaker
- Haleigh Mun on finding her own illustrative style rather than trying to be a “cool artist”
- Genuine collaborations inform Swiss design studio Omnigroup's broad practice
- Filmmaker Duncan Cowles on how your own tone of voice can create the best audience reaction
- An egg beats Kylie Jenner to become the most liked Instagram photo... ever
- Mastercard reveals new nameless logo courtesy of Michael Bierut
- Sam Youkilis uses scale, form and colour to challenge the tropes of travel photography
- Betina Du Toit's naturally-beautiful images are “stripped back from the non-essential”
- Giacomo Gambineri on shifting his creative career from graphic designer to illustrator
- Hiroki Nishiyama draws on traditional graphic design techniques in his illustration practice