Martin Parr and Paul Smith have released a collaborative product range, available from Dover Street Market from 18 May. The collection merges both creatives’ well-known sense of humour and irreverence for the British persona, blending Martin’s candid photography with Paul’s signature use of photo print on textiles.
It includes five products: a photo print scarf, two pocket squares and two pairs of swimming shorts.
Paul Smith has previously hosted exhibitions of the photographer’s work in his stores in London and Tokyo, and the two have worked together in the past. “I have collaborated many times with Paul Smith and on each occasion it’s a different project or concept,” says Martin. “But this one I like best of all, where he uses my imagery on a summer clothing range. I love to see my work used in different ways, and this is a great way to bring my beach images back to the beach.”
The Paul Smith for Martin Parr range will be launched at the Paul Smith pop-up at Dover Street Market, London, as an accompanying event to Photo London, running 18-21 May.
- “I always thought Photoshop was a glorified MS paint”: James Lacey on his journey into design
- “If I am flagging on a shoot, she directs me”: Matthew Stone on working with FKA Twigs
- French illustrator Nicolas Ridou makes “the atmosphere the story” in his hypnotic works
- A routine, good music and Charlie Bones: Sean Bate on his graphic design inspirations
- In The Boys, Rick Schatzberg photographs his group in their 66th year of friendship
- Moroccan heritage and western cues collide in photographer Mous Lambrabat’s portfolio
- “All you see is lazy photography everywhere”: Martin Parr discusses his career, Brexit and obsession
- The work of Xiangyu Liu is weird and fantastically unpredictable (some NSFW)
- Caterina Bianchini Studio designs a dog-themed identity for a conveyer belt cheese restaurant
- Ikea invites people to “try on” Virgil Abloh furniture collection at LFW
- Hans Findling on his experimental and multidisciplinary approach to design
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!