Given the recent dip in the weather you’ve probably shelved plans for days in the lido and evenings spent cremating a six pack of Linda McCartney’s finest on a disposable barbecue, and now you’re at a loss for how to fill the void that optimists call “the weekend”.
Luckily, streaming behemoth Netflix has thrown all of us an animated lifeline in the shape of Matt Groening’s long-awaited Disenchantment which has landed on the service in full this morning.
Having skewered suburban America and deep space, the man who gave the world Hans Moleman has decided to transport us to a crumbling medieval kingdom known as Dreamland.
Featuring the vocal talents of Eric Andre, Matt Berry, and longterm Matt Groening collaborator Billy West, the fantasy-leaning sitcom has been described by the New York Times as having “a more earnest and straightforward style of storytelling,” than fans of Groening’s previous shows may be accustomed to.
All ten episodes of the first season of the adult-orientated series – which was animated by Rough Draft Studios, the team responsible for Groening’s previous much-loved TV show Futurama – are available for your viewing pleasure right now.
- Bobby Doherty shows how zooming in can reveal the “fun, gross, beautiful or cute”
- Melville Brand Design on a new book detailing the history of Samsonite
- Steve Gavan's illustrative work pays homage to often overlooked design gems
- Photographer Ioana Cirlig's Post-Industrial Stories looks at Romanian life after work
- Mateo Broillet likes to reflect elements of type history in his contemporary designs
- Rebecca Harper's paintings are a “reflection of the time we are living in”
- Get ready for 230 new emojis to confuse your mum with
- Netflix rolls out brand new ident for all its original material
- David Rothenberg discusses his unique portraits of the passengers of planes
- Photographer Nick Turpin captures cars bathed in the lights of Piccadilly Circus
- Byun Young Geun likens illustration to “looking into a mirror”
- Naranjo-Etxeberria designs an identity aiming to cause impact at first glance