Combining two of the most addictive things on the planet – fast food and GIFs – motion designer Matthieu Braccini has created a series of 15 looped animations celebrating the Egg McMuffin for McDonald’s France.
Masterminded by ad agency TBWA\Paris, the 15 animated GIFs are an imaginative take on how Egg McMuffins are made. Strips of bacon wiggle down some stairs, buns are split by a decorative slicer, then toasted by a slot machine. Ball-like yolks roll through egg whites, while a fan blows strips of cheese into the perfect spot in the centre of the bun.
The animations were made using Cinema 4D and rendered in Redshift. “Extra care was given to textures and physics, to properly convey the softness, roundness, smooth and silky aspect of the product,” a spokesperson for TBWA\Paris told Adweek about the making of the GIFs. “We chose infinite loops as a format to further enhance the soothing and hypnotising effect of the animations.”
The spots were created to celebrate the launch of McDonald’s all-day breakfast menu in France and are hosted on an Egg McMuffin microsite, also built by TBWA\Paris. The campaign follows a strong creative year for the fast-food giant, in which it was rebranded by Turner Duckworth, launched a spoof clothing brand to accompany its new Spicy Chicken McNuggets, and even developed a restaurant for bees.
- How Netflix's Klaus is bringing hand drawn 2D animation back to the big screen this Christmas
- Sophie Williams shares intimate behind-the-scenes footage from Mura Masa's latest music videos
- Wide-eyed and scratchy-haired, read the twisted diaries of Irene Montemurro
- Lazy Susan, the mother of all inventions, comes to life in Terri Timely's short film
- “I’ve always felt like this is not my happy place”: Rankin on his relationship to fashion
- Steamy scenes of fun and fur: meet Sophie Larrimore’s puffy pooches
- Pentagram rebrands Warner Bros. with a “sleek and clean” update to its shield logo
- Manchester Girls, the new series from Dean Davies, is a visual homage to the women of the north
- Relive the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer through Summer of Something Special
- Viktor Hübner photographs American anxieties amongst a shifting political environment
- Jiří Makovec’s photographs meander between the personal and the universal
- Berlin Wall graffiti is made into a typeface to warn how "division is freedom's biggest threat"