Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for new challenge to get involved in.
Alan Fears is a multidisciplinary artist well known for his paintings which reference pop culture of the past, and his portraits of 80s celebrities are probably some of the best you’ll ever see. In the spirit of his creations, Alan has set this month’s creative brief to “make a weird piece of fan art of your favourite celebrity.”
“Good fan art is bad fan art… and bad fan art is always great. Pour your passion for your favourite celebrity into your art and ruin someone’s features with your best effort. Pen, brush, collage, do whatever it takes to make your mark.” – Alan
How to enter:
Create your fan art and upload it to Instagram.
Include @itsnicethat and #ItsBriefThat in the caption.
Entries are open from April 9th – April 13th 9am.
Alan will pick his favourite pieces to feature on It’s Nice That at the end of the week.
Tips and bits
The entry can be an illustration, photograph, painting, collage – whatever works best.
You can enter as many times as you like.
Tag in the celebrity for extra lols if you dare.
Keep an eye on #ItsBriefThat to see all the other great people getting involved.
- Julian Glander is on the lookout for a collaborator to create a new set of emojis
- Revue Tintamarre is a free publication showcasing the work of one student every month
- Marta da Silva’s impressive portfolio is “fluid, futuristic and somehow blissfully chaotic”
- Double Click August is full of playful designs that prompt user interaction
- Ioanna Sakellaraki explores Greece’s last professional mourners and their rituals around death
- Catalog Press is questioning what a book can be (and maybe it's made of cheese)
- Led By Donkeys is crowdfunding £50,000 for “honest” No Deal Brexit ad campaign
- Taschen’s recent release celebrates “the greatest cat photographer of the 20th Century”
- Introducing the It’s Nice That Graduates of 2019!
- Suzy Chan’s portfolio boasts original graphic design, animation, typography and so much more
- Stefanie Tam’s graphic design grounds conceptual thinking in compelling visuals
- The Advertising Standards Authority has banned its first ads for “harmful” gender stereotyping