Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That.
Ben Arfur’s graphic design work has always been close to both music and clothing- an entirely self taught designer, he began experimenting with Photoshop when making club night posters put on by his Cardiff-based clothing brand and shop Blue Honey.
In that spirit, Ben Arfur’s monthly brief is to design a bootleg t-shirt for your favourite band. To kick things off, Ben combined his love for bootleg design with Kraftwerk, and has got these words of wisdom on the topic: “Bootlegs are great, I’ve always seen them as a unique insight between creator and artist – even the budget ones.”
How to enter:
Create your bootleg design and upload it to Instagram.
Include @itsnicethat and #ItsBriefThat in the caption.
Entries are open from August 29th – September 5th 9am.
Ben will pick his favourite pieces to feature on It’s Nice That at the end of next week.
Tips and bits
The entry can be an illustration, photograph, painting, collage – whatever works best.
You can enter as many times as you like.
Tag in the band for extra lols if you dare.
Keep an eye on #ItsBriefThat to see all the other great people getting involved.
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Blok rethinks the design of cannabis after its legalisation in Canada
- Christmas decorations cause OCD sufferers distress in New York
- Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared to debut at Sundance Film Festival
- Design studio Julia on a decade of turning complex ideas into graphic symbols
- Yung Hua Chen’s photography is effortlessly glamorous