Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
This week artist Alan Fears set our Monthly Brief, asking you to “make a weird piece of fan art of your favourite celebrity”. Below, Alan picks out some of favourite submissions. Hats off to everyone who got involved in this one, it was terrifying and fun in equal measure.
“These are the ones that knocked my socks off and made my eyes stop” – Alan
- Jocelyn Lee's first UK solo exhibition surveys The Appearance of Things (NSFW)
- Okobo is photographer William Ukoh's mesmerising tribute to his grandparents
- Alex Norris tells the story of his "Oh No" comics and its “badly drawn blob” star
- Seung-Gu Kim creates Lowry-style photographs of South Korean holidays
- Baptiste Bernazeau draws on a degenerating building complex for his latest typeface
- Fish by Osma Harvilahti is a romantic interpretation of the Japanese fishing industry
- Bad week for art world as Jeff Koons piece is smashed and imitation Happy Meal thrown away
- Pentagram rebrands Battersea dogs and cats home to visualise "personality over sentiment"
- Craig Oldham dishes out brutally honest advice to new graphic designers
- Fight the midweek blues with Andrea Locci's cheeky illustration series SneakerSutra
- ManvsMachine create its most ambitious campaign for Air Max Day yet
- Rektorat: a type family adapted from letterings discovered during a renovation