Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
This week artist Alan Fears set our Monthly Brief, asking you to “make a weird piece of fan art of your favourite celebrity”. Below, Alan picks out some of favourite submissions. Hats off to everyone who got involved in this one, it was terrifying and fun in equal measure.
“These are the ones that knocked my socks off and made my eyes stop” – Alan
- Francesca Allen on using photography as a means of self-expression
- Review of the Year 2018: Back to Back with Joey Yu and Olimpia Zagnoli
- Ram Han’s work continues to rekindle images of childhood nostalgia
- Sophy Hollington on learning to be creatively fulfilled while earning a living in 2018
- Same Paper and KangHee Kim's latest book is a golden journey from dawn to dusk
- We ask Duncan Cowles to create the ultimate Christmas ad, using only Adobe Stock and some expert advice
- Alex Gamsu Jenkins’ comics remind us of how gross we really are
- Pantone's Colour of the Year 2019 has been announced and it's... Living Coral!
- DIA channels NYC and gives Squarespace its signature kinetic treatment in brand refresh
- Pop culture powerhouse Bryan Rivera's 2018 in graphic design
- Don't worry, be angry: how politics and creativity collided in 2018
- Shun Ishizuka's designs combine Western design influences for a Japanese context