Each month we invite creatives from across the world to invent creative briefs which everyone, no matter your talents, can get involved in. At the end of week the best of the bunch are featured right here on It’s Nice That. Watch out this time next month for a new challenge to get involved in.
This week artist Alan Fears set our Monthly Brief, asking you to “make a weird piece of fan art of your favourite celebrity”. Below, Alan picks out some of favourite submissions. Hats off to everyone who got involved in this one, it was terrifying and fun in equal measure.
“These are the ones that knocked my socks off and made my eyes stop” – Alan
- Kelly Anna and Josie Tucker create an empowering zine to celebrate female strength
- Diyala Muir's animation Blue Hands mimics the surreal experience of grief
- Bex Day’s new series looks to raise awareness for the older transgender community
- Protests, cute culture and the UK’s fruit market: Suzy Chan on her innovative design practice
- Multi-disciplinary artist Samuel Burgess Johnson on his work for The 1975
- Amanda Baldwin translates everyday objects into fine art reflections of society
- Photographer Ryan Duffin embraces the quirks of his subjects and the outtakes of life
- KFC's latest ad reminds you it's not AFC, BFC, or even CFC
- Alexis Jamet's animations are warm, nostalgic and beautiful in their simplicity
- République's new look for Playboy is "aimed at anybody and everybody"
- Lars Högström's typographic choices are inspired by the hip-hop cassettes of the 90s and 00s